Friday, September 24, 2010

Crazy Kids

Awwww, poor buddy. He was having a hard day today. Thank goodness my kids are now officially off track! We could use a little break. :)



Look at Cameron's new game. Balloon and ball popper (oxy moron, punny, ironic...what word am I looking for?). Entertainment for at least the length of how long it takes me to get ready for the day. It's a great thing!


The other morning this is how I found Carson sleeping. Somewhere in the night he fell off is bed, the mattress fell on top of him, and he continued his adventure in snooze land. He has ALWAYS been a heavy sleeper. I remember one time when he got up at night to use the bathroom and ended up using his laundry basket as a toilet.


This time of year brings us to...wait for it....REFLECTIONS contest.

I tolerate the reflections contest. Not to beat a dead horse, but it's all about being creative. I think I've explained how I feel about that before! I admire it in others, but I wasn't born with the elusive "creative gene".

The theme this year is "Together We Can...". Carson drew an awesome picture titled "Together We Can Help Keep The Earth Clean". His picture had kids and animals cleaning up a forest. Parker on the other hand, he was a bit more complicated. Sam kept trying to get him brainstorming about the theme but Parker wasn't exactly into it. Finally Sam said "Parker! What is the first thing you think of when I say Together We Can?" Parker looked at Sam and said "Together We Can Build The World's Largest Candy Bar!"

If I were in charge, I would have said "C'mon Parker, get serious!" but because Sam is brilliant and nurturing, he said "Okay, let's do it!".




Glasses make you look like a genius, right?


And just like that, Parker entered the Reflections contest with this household's first ever 3D art submission. I think the various flags skewered into the candy bar adds a nice touch, don't you think? The scaffolding work that supports the candy bar was made from toothpicks and silver paint. I love it! I seriously wonder what the PTA board thinks of it. It's directly from a 6 year old's mind, they have to understand that!

5 comments:

Carl and Pat said...

This is even more impressive in person! Kudos to Sam!!! Hey, by the way, the balloon on the popper toy is a brilliant idea!

Natalie said...

Wow!! I just had Neal and the girls come and read this. Seriously, that is so funny, creative, impressive etc. If I was a PTA judge (which I would never be because I stay as un-involved at possible with crazy PTA ladies), I would vote for that HANDS DOWN!!!

I'm headed to a day of service at relief society. I'm pretty sure I'll tell this story a couple of times. It's great!

DJ and Gin Family said...

Ya, what Nat said!
That is super cool and funny. I don't think that my kids have ever entered reflections. I hate it!

fern said...

love it- did you take a picture of carsons picture? cam is bored cuz he misses his auntie fern!!

Karen said...

Love it, love it, love it! Creativity comes in so many forms that we tend to overlook something that is not in our normal frame of reference. This was awesome. And what a great dad to let him run with it and help him to the end of the run!