Monday, September 20, 2010

This Is What It Looks Like Today

I went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple parking lot today and took a picture of the hillside that is still on fire:


The wind isn't blowing the smoke right into my area anymore so that's a relief. Although when I put my contacts in this morning my eyes said "Oh NO you DIDN'T!". Hence the glasses today. Ug. I really need Lasik or something of the sort.

Back to bigger things than my eyes....
Four homes were burned, 1,652 homes were evacuated, and today 7 schools are closed in the area. Evacuations are still in place. I feel really bad for all the residents of Herriman, it's quite a mess out there! I guess times like this I should be thankful I live in the ghetto without grassy hillsides behind my house! Just trying to be positive here....

Seriously though, our heart goes out to all those in the area! I am really surprised at how many people I know who have been evacuated or affected. Here's hoping they get the fire put out today!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Lasik or something of the sort? What is that "sort?" Eye transplants? I'm with you. I'm ready to have my eyes lasered.

Amy B. said...

I feel so bad for the people affected...the army has some explaining to do...

and, I have smoke in my lungs from the stupid fire...stupid

Ambyr said...

So scary! we sat outside last night and watched the flames come down the mountain towards us...Not fun! They turned our church into one of the rescue buildings to house the evac'ed people! WAY to close for comfort. If you want a good view of the burn zone go to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple and stop at the top of the hill and look over at the BLACK mountain and you can see it all...it's a sad sight to see!

Ambyr said...

it's a crazy view isn't it! I'm just glad it's out.