Tuesday, September 28, 2010

September Is A Good Month To...

It's a good month to restock my food storage!

Most grocery stores are having their caselot sales this month. Over the past week I've pretty much hit every grocery store within 10 miles of my house to get the best deals on everything. It's been a great feeling to see the shelves full again.


Which brings me to think for a minute....Do grocery stores outside of Utah have caselot sales? That might just be a Utah/Mormon thing.... If we are unique this way, then I'm glad I live where I do! Food Storage rocks! If I were ultra-uber amazing, I'd can my own food storage. But I'm not cool like that. I buy it on sale. It's so nice to be able to look at a recipe, and then go "shopping" in my food storage room! I wish we could stock up on perishables like milk and bread. That would be even cooler! If I had a cow, I guess I could milk it, but now is not the time to talk about how ridiculous that scenario would be.

However, I do know how to make bread! I made some a few days ago in fact. I got the recipe from my friend, Angie Brennan. This is the most light and airy bread I've ever made! My kids and I devoured an entire loaf in an afternoon. Not one of my best moments in life....but totally worth every crumb!


Parker made this picture the other day. Can you guess what he was drawing?


Okay, take it easy everybody! Enjoy the last few days of the month! Make sure to do your Home and Visiting Teaching! :)

6 comments:

fern said...

i love it!! how long will it sit there before sam carries it down stairs??!

Angela said...

no case lot sales in Washington. Have any of those kitchen chairs fallen over the edge yet? Post a picture of your storage room, I'd love to see what it looks like.

Ambyr said...

OK so I totally want the bread recipe! I've been looking for a good bread recipe cause that's gonna be my next undertaking! I need to learn to make good bread! If you would, please email it to me! THANKS! I'm with ya on the case lot sales...LOVE THEM! I love stocking up my cold storage room, it seriously makes me all giddy (i know it sounds sad)! Hope all is going great for you guys!

Natalie said...

Ok, first of all, I don't appreciate that VT reminder. Ugh.

Second -- other states DO have case lot sales. Utah, however, always schedules theirs around general conference. I know because I used to work for Albertson's. People get to feeling guilty, I guess, and decide to stock up.

Speaking of feeling guilty, that brings me back to VT-ing. Dang it!

Sam said...

Food storage is now downstairs. Well, it was down the day it came in. We paid the kids to take it down.

Sam said...

Parker's picture is a dream he had of Pac-Man vs. Tron.