Thursday, September 02, 2010

Football Widow

The first Utah football game is on right now...therefore I am now officially a football widow for the season. What better use of all my time than to update my blog?

Guess what? My mother-in-law, or MIL (for those kids who like the acronymns), turned 75 years young last week. We invited the family and some of her close friends to a park for a hot dog roast and to celebrate Fontella! It was great fun! I barely had a chance to wish her a "happy birthday" because she was constantly surrounded by so many people. That's a good sign that you've lived a friendly and happy life!


The other morning I was sleeping nice and soundly. Suddenly I was wide eyed and freaked out at the sounds I heard. It was like somebody was banging on my roof! I flew to the window to check it out, then remembered I was blind. I put on my glasses and then flew again to the window. What the Hail? It was crazy hail and wind and rain. Oh yeah, the lightning was so wild. It was almost constant lightning, maybe a second between flashes. I watched at the front door for a minute and then heard thundering footsteps behind me. Carson came running upstairs to check out the insanity. It was fun. The street was completely white with hail, it looked like snow! Yay for summer storms, I think they are the bees knees AND the cat's meow. Too bad Parker and Cameron slept through the whole thing! This picture was taken around 9am, 3 hours after the storm! Look at all the hail still sitting around!


Last spring, when Carson was in 3rd grade, everybody received a cabbage plant. They were supposed to plant the cabbage and nurture it so it grew to a mature plant. By September 10th, we are supposed to take a picture of the cabbage, with the student, and submit it to the school. There will be one winner from the school who will receive a $1000 scholarship. Carson and I nurtured this cabbage like crazy. Before too long it split like a cool embryo into two cabbages. I probably should have separated the cabbage heads so it just grew one because then all the energy of the plant could go into making the cabbage head bigger. But I didn't. Don't know why, but I bet it has something to do with "I have bigger concerns". Things were going well until the said hail storm hit us. One cabbage head survived, the other got shredded! ha ha, do you get it? shredded cabbage? I have a sudden hankering for cabbage salad....you know, the kind with ramen noodles in it? Yummers.

Quick! What's the first thing that pops into your head when somebody says "Top Ramen"? I bet it has something to do with "poor" or "college student" am I right??

I'll maybe turn these pictures into the school tomorrow or Tuesday. Good luck buddy, you're gonna need it!




Speaking of Carson... This morning I was running around like crazy getting kids ready for school and I had Cameron in the tub. Suddenly Cameron starts SCREAMING and yelling "I don't like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I ran into the bathroom to find a big 'ol LOG floating next to him. Sooooooooo disgust-i-pating. I did what any insane mom would do in times of crisis: I picked up the log and tossed it in the toilet. Carson was right there when he saw me lose my dignity. He gave me a complete look of disgust and ran downstairs to his bathroom, where he horked his Chocolate Cheerios in the toilet. Oh man, it would have been more funny if I wasn't still trying to get kids out the door. In fact, I'm laughing right now about it! Needless to say, I scrubbed my tub with Comet today, which wasn't on my agenda! :)

Guess what IS on my agenda? Tomorrow the 4th grade is having their annual 'egg drop' contest. The kids have to design a device that will keep the egg from breaking when it's dropped off the roof of the school. Sam and Carson worked hard on this project tonight. I'm excited to see how it all shakes down tomorrow. Pictures to come!

7 comments:

Ambyr said...

Nathan and I found the bathtub story quite amusing! Thank you for sharing!!! Hope all is going well!

Rose said...

Good Luck!

Becky said...

This is the best thing I've read all day!!! Bath tub poop and Chocolate cheerios barf!! Does it get any better that that?

Becky said...

Oh and hey, I feel really bad about missing the party for Fontella. We were home all night long doing nothing, but Sam called the cell phone which was in the car! Dang it!

Needless to say I was very disappointed to have missed it!

Natalie said...

Oh man, your little cabbage patch kid barfing as he watched you toss the poo. That's hilarious!!

Ask Sam if he remembers when one of the Shough twins put their egg in a gallon milk jug filled with jello and it was dropped off the roof. Red jello exploded EVERYWHERE! And the egg broke. It was great! (Or maybe it was Jed's egg. I forget).

Fern said...

This is why I am addicted to your blog!!!!!

DJ and Gin Family said...

Carson could actually be a Garbage Pail kid who barfs up his breakfast. That story is hilarious! At least the poop didn't stick to the bottom of the tub and mold into the shape of his crack and bum... Tay's did, I almost barfed myself.
Also, thanks to Fontella's stash of endless supplies, she made my elementary egg drop a success. Thanks Tella!!