Saturday, March 18, 2006

Don't Judge a Book by its Cover




I have a confession to make: I have never made banana bread. I really like it, but it never crossed my mind to make it. We had some overripe bananas so I figured I'd give it a whirl. Fern gave me some of her bread pans because I didn't own any (thanks sis!). I made the bread this afternoon. It looked SO good when it came out of the oven. I was feeling pretty domestic. Then a few minutes later I looked at it and it had totally sunk in the middle and was full-on GOO!
I'm so glad I took before and after shots because I keep laughing! I told Sam "this is why I don't even try!" He just rolled his eyes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't quit that easily! Next time stick a toothpick in the middle--if it comes out sticky, bake it longer! If at first you don't succeed....besides, I'll bet the rest of it tasted yummy!

Anonymous said...

pervert!