Thursday, March 09, 2006

Outside Day



This morning started out normal. I took Carson to school and then I followed Fern to a collision repair company so they could erase Melissa's tragic experience with driving before she had her license. On the way home, Fern and I drove straight into a blizzard. It was crazy! So much for the signs of spring! During the blizzard I went back to Carson's school to pick him up and noticed the sign on the door saying it was an Outside Day, which means students couldn't stay inside during recess. I thought that was pretty funny. When we got home Carson decided he wanted to play outside with his rocket ship, which is white. I warned him of the hazards of playing with a white toy in deep white snow, but he didn't care. About an hour later he sadly told me he buried his rocket ship so it would be safe and now he can't find it. I handed him a snow shovel but he never did recover the toy. So, now I have tulips and lost toys to look forward to as spring arrives!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did the school really make them play outside during the blizzard? Well, I guess it was no big deal if Carson wanted to play outside when he got home and was out there for about 1 hour. Carson, nice job on hiding the rockeat.

Anonymous said...

I meant "rocket".

Anonymous said...

update on the car... the tragic mistake cannot be erased- they totaled the car! as russ say's, when you buy a disposable car- you sometimes have to just throw it away!

Anonymous said...

We got that blizzard here, too. All my lovely crocuses got covered up. But they are showing again now.

Anonymous said...

Too bad about the car Fern, that's a bummer for Mel. Good thing she got her motorcycle license! Oh, wait, no motorcycle either (or was it Jess who got her motorcycle license?). Anyway, good job! Wait, I mean, bummer.