Saturday, March 25, 2006

I Love Saturdays Like This...




Today is my favorite kind of Saturday. I started the day by cleaning out the old plants from last fall in my front yard. It was really windy (check out the fly-away hair!), but I didn't care because it was about 60 degrees!
Then we decided to make a trip to the landfill. We got rid of our old toilet, Sam's basketball with a hole in it, Carson's cracked swimming pool, our Christmas tree, and a bunch of other trash that has been collecting on the East side of our house.
At the landfill I took this sweet "Grizzly Bear Area" photo. I guess employees of the landfill have a sense of humor with other people's garbage.
Now it's only 3:00 PM. I wonder what the rest of the day will bring?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you, Carrie. I love working outside, getting everything clean by getting rid of "stuff", and getting the yard ready for spring! You are truly your father's daughter--he LOVES the dump/landfill! Cute little heper you have there...

Anonymous said...

Going to the dump is one of my favorite things. Maybe I could work there when I retire...

Carrie said...

Dad C.-
People probably think you are kidding when you say "maybe I could work there when I retire..." I know you better, that would be one of your dream jobs! Either that or working in a funeral home.