Thursday, March 16, 2006

Home, Family, and Personal Enrichment


As some of you may know, I'm the 2nd Counselor in Relief Society. Yesterday was our Home, Family, and Personal Enrichment meeting that I was in charge of. It went great! We had a great lasagna dinner and for dessert...a CAKE buffet!!! I wish I would have taken a picture of the cake buffet. There were 6 or 7 different kinds of cake. People could have a piece of each kind if they so desired, it was a buffet after all! Everyone in attendance brought something that represented themselves that they would be willing to give away. We used it as a "get to know you" activity. It was a huge success. I gave a little Willow Tree statue that was the "angel of gardening" because I collect Willow Tree statues and I love to garden. We then had a Readers Theatre, "Living up to your privileges" which was about some of the early Relief Society sisters. It was awesome. Here is a picture of one of the tables.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carrie, for our Relief Society birthday enrichment we had a lasagna dinner with cake, too. But I think we only had three kinds of cake so you have us beat.

Indiana Clark's said...

Sounds like your RS put a lot of thought and effot into making it very nice for the sisters in your ward. It shows when someone goes the extra mile. Great job!