Sunday, March 26, 2006

Here We Go Again


After working in the yard yesterday in beautiful weather, I was a little surprised to wake up this morning to lots of snow. My poor planter pots looked a little chilly! Don't feel too bad for me (not that you ever would!) because the snow has already melted and I think our nice weather will return for a few days. Good thing too because I have the work-in-the-flower-beds BUG! I love cleaning out the dead plants from last year and seeing what is growing underneath all the dried up foliage. I have TONS of tulips popping through the dirt. I am pretty excited to take pictures of those when they are in bloom. I also have hyacinth, day lilies, iris, hollyhock, mums, phlox, creeping thyme, dianthus, peonies, and junipers beard all growing nicely. My 5 lilac bushes are full of new buds too. I fertilized my lawn a week ago so hopefully my grass will start to green up soon. Everyone who reads my blog will be pretty sick of my gardening posts this summer because it becomes an obsession of mine every year!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A chip of the 'ol Block! Making one's yard look great is lots of fun.

Curtis and Shandy said...

Carrie,
I just started my gardening of weeding on Friday and I am already addicted and looking to the account of where I can come up with more money for more flowers. I don't think you can ever run out of room to put plants. If we can't make changes in ourselves quickly and least we can do it with our yard.

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your beautiful yard.

Anonymous said...

These look like Sideshow Bob's hair.