Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day To Me

Yep my back is sore.

The day started with the annual Mother's Day tradition of planting my mother-in-law's flower pots with Fern. It's always fun and Fontella appreciates it so much. Here is sass-a-frass Fern and myself getting started.


Cameron slept under a tree and Carson and Parker hung out on Grandma's swing. Check out Carson's white legs. He definitely takes after his mom. I seriously can hardly tell where his white socks end and his legs begin!


Fern didn't let Carson slack off for long, she put him to work with the old fashioned lawn mower. Surprisingly, he kept at it for a long time. Very funny!


After we were done, I came home and started planting my Mother's Day present: summer flowers. Here are the flowers I planted in my yard. It doesn't look like a lot, but it took a few hours to get them all in the ground. I also planted California Giant Zinnias seeds along my driveway. I plant them every year and I love them!!! They grow about 3 feet tall and they are beautiful until Fall. I highly recommend them!


About halfway through planting, I started to feel the familiar burning fatigue in my back, so Sam saved the day. It was part of the Mothers Day deal, I asked for flowers and the labor to plant them. Do you like all the cars in the background? There was a wedding taking place at one of the houses in our circle. Our street and circle looked like a used car lot all evening!


Pretty now, prettier later when they are full of color and are growing big!





Well, time to find a heating pad for my back...I think Sam is plumb tuckered as well...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

it looks fantastic! my lower back is feeling pretty tender today- I was down to two yellow miniture roses to plant when russ called and asked if i wanted to go to ruby rivers for dinner last night! so after a long productive day in the yards, i got a great dinner with my hubby!! he rocks!

DJ and Gin Family said...

Hey! That's my childhood house in the background! I haven't seen that house in years! What a nice daughter you are to Fontella. It looks like you guys do a great job helping her out in her yard. Tell her hi for me.

Natalie said...

Hey, my childhood house in the background! Looks like you guys had a busy weekend with flowers.

Amelia said...

it looks Beautiful!

The Buckley's said...

Sam is so funny. Your yard looks great from the pictures! Happy Mothers Day!

Sam said...

My wife is the best. She works so hard and does so much....and all she asks for in return is my blood, sweat, and tears.