Sunday, May 04, 2008

Best Weekend Ever!

****Warning: Grab a snack, this will be a long posting****

I had an excellent weekend, and thanks to Jed and Nalani for the two Mountain Dews this afternoon because I'm not even tired right now! So, here we go...

Saturday morning started out with the baptism of my nephew, Nick. After the baptism, Sam confirmed him. It was pretty special because Sam gave Nick his baby blessing as well, 8 years ago! My how time flies.... In fact, I was pregnant with Carson when Sam blessed Nick so he got to bless a baby before he was even a dad.
Here is a cute picture of the two:


After the baptism, we headed to James' house in Bluffdale for some grub and gab time. It was a good time had by all! Here are James and Parker standing on James' deck. I'm pretty sure James is telling Parker about all the life's lessons he needs to be aware of. Hopefully Parker was listening!


Here are Mel and Sydnee messing around with Cameron's head...literally. He looks like a wise man!


We left James' house and headed straight to Wheeler Farm to meet up with my parents and Darren and Susan's family. Darren and Susan came to Utah for Cameron and Cash's baby blessings. Let me just exclaim how happy I was that they made the dreaded Rexburg to Salt Lake drive for me! I know it's a pain but I'm so glad they came! Thank you so much you guys!!!
The weather cooperated very nicely this weekend so the kids had fun at Wheeler Farm. Here are Carson, Parker, and Ethan checking out the geese and their goslings.


Parker, Jacob, Kevin, Carson, and Ethan. So fun!!


I concur. Pigs are stinky! Can you see that HUGE house in the background? We were laughing because I'm pretty sure they get a whiff of the pig stench once in awhile. My house may be small, but at least it doesn't smell like pigs! Well, sometimes it doesn't smell like pigs...


Artsy picture of everyone walking


Jacob loved the rabbits!


After Wheeler Farm, we went to my parents house to prepare for a big ol' barbeque for the Clark/Oram clan. I had an EXCELLENT surprise right before dinner. My college buddies Sarah and Natalie surprised Nalani and I by coming to town for the blessings! I seriously couldn't believe it, especially since Natalie just had a baby 3 weeks ago! I love you guys!

Here is a picture of the baby boom: Nalani and Cash, Me and Cameron, Natalie and Tatem.


Cameron was being shy and wouldn't wake up and be social. We'll have to work on that!


Curtis and Shandy spent the night in West Jordan on Saturday night so they could attend Cameron's baby blessing on Sunday morning. Thank you so much you guys for making the effort! Curtis was supposed to work but finally convinced a co-worker to take his shift. It's amazing what a few CPK coupons can do for a guy!

This morning was Cameron's baby blessing. Here he is in his cute blessing outfit. My cousin Kami made this little tux for Carson when he was born. All three of my boys have been blessed in this same outfit. Yay for Kami and her domestic skills!!!



The blessing was awesome and Cameron only squawked once. Phew! After the blessing we chatted with friends and family until it was time to head to Cash's blessing. I don't think Cash made a peep during his blessing, what a good boy! We then headed to Nalani's house for some seriously tasty and grubbin' chow! Then we basically hung out until 7pm tonight and laughed and talked until my cheeks hurt from smiling so much. I love hanging out with friends and family!

Here is a shot of me, Sarah, Nalani, and Natalie. Sarah didn't get the "wear black" memo.


Nalani and Jed have a sweet in-ground trampoline. Here is Nalani trying to crack a bunch of rowdy eggs. She looks pretty successful at this endeavor!


Here she is saying "in yo' face sucka!" Ha Ha!


We seriously had so much fun, non stop this entire weekend. I have a feeling tomorrow is going to feel pretty mellow compared to the last few days. Thanks to everyone who made such an effort to be here with us. My only regret is that it didn't last longer. Let's face it, I don't usually run out of things to talk about!

Here's to a great week! Peace out!
I told you this posting would be long...

12 comments:

Sarah said...

I agree- best weekend EVER. I had so much fun...
It was kinda fun shirking my parenting duties for the weekend so I could chat without interruptions. Not that you let kids interfere with our socializing...
I am still laughing about you hearing Parker crying outside at your parents house. After about 5 minutes of his crying, Carrie says, "Oh, my gosh am I actually gonna have to, like, go outside and CONSOLE him?". Best quote of the weekend. Thanks for all the laughs!

Natalie said...

I wish I could have been there for the blessing. Angie said it was great. Nalani's my kind of girl. I would totally be trash talking the kids on the trampoline. Neal says I'm mean when I play uno and sorry with my kids.

Unknown said...

Yeah! It's so nice to have a great weekend like that after another long week! I have to say:

1. Wheeler Farm is one of my favorite places! Even though there's not really that much to do there, my boys and I frequent that place and it makes them so happy!

2. How fun that your college friends came down for the blessing!

3. Little Cameron was adorable for his blessing, and he was so well behaved! Sam gave a beautiful blessing! I'm so glad that I'm not a guy so that I don't have to be the one to bless my children - I would be so nervous!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

it was an awewsome weekend! your boys are a hoot! --thanks to your friends for allowing me to be an 'unofficial' blogger- officially! they said they see my name enough- they consider me a blogger!! i love it :-)

Anonymous said...

BYTHEWAY... i love the picture of the three boys together- i some of aaron and adam- 6 months age difference and about 5 inches!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the advice on the mother's day handout! I can't beleive I didn't think of that myself. That's one of the many things I love about blogging - great way to get advice!

The Buckley's said...

Wow! That's a crazy, but fun weekend! Sorry we couldn't make it to the blessing. We got the adorable invite but we had to teach primary in our ward. Congrats on the baby blessing. I'm sure Sam did a great job. We miss you all!

Amelia said...

awww what a fun weekend. i wish i didn't have to work. i really do appreciate how you guys keep inviting me no matter how many times I can't come down! ;O) That pic of Jacob, he is one GORGEOUS kid!

Anonymous said...

The title says it all! One question...I get mocked when I say "snack," but not you...guess I'll have to ask Darren. (Mom C.)

Jess said...

hey.. do you know why all of a sudden it's possible to rate our blogs? i'm pretty sure i didn't add that myself, and i'm not sure how to get rid of it..

Jess said...

i figured it out... "Some users may be seeing star ratings on their blogs without having opted in to this new feature. This is an experimental feature that was accidentally enabled on some users' blogs. We're working to remove star ratings on all blogs currently. In the future, you'll be able to choose to opt-in to this feature; it won't appear automatically."
http://knownissues.blogspot.com/search/label/outstanding