Thursday, May 22, 2008

Peregrine Falcons


For the past several years, there have been peregrine falcons that nest on top of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. There is a camera and microphone installed in their nesting box so you can watch live feeds of their daily happenings. My mom emailed me the link to the camera and basically my whole family has become obsessed with watching it. This year the female laid 4 eggs. Two have hatched and the chicks died. One hatched a few days ago and is alive and well. There is still one egg that needs to hatch. I just watched the female feed her chick and it was very cool! Check it out!!

Watch Live Feed of Peregrine Falcons

click on "view from camera 2" on the right side of the page.

5 comments:

Sam said...

I wish I could rewind. I missed the feeding

Natalie said...

Carrie, are you sure Sam didn't just post that last posting? Or have you and Sam truely become one? I remember a day when Sam, the ornithologist, knew every fact about peregrine falcons. Good times. Good times.

Natalie Service said...

Is this the same bird in your BBQ?
;)

Unknown said...

That's pretty cool! Thanks for sharing - my kids (especially Zach) love to see stuff like this. I'll have to show them tomorrow!

Unknown said...

You poor lady!!! So, I'm finally catching up on reading everyone's blogs, since I've really been slacking lately, and I just read the post about last Friday. Wow!!!! I seriously think I would have fainted if one of my kids walked up looking like that!!! I think you handled it well! I hope that everyone - including you - is feeling better now at your house!

I have to say I can somewhat relate to the story about steroids. We had to give Danny steroids for his asthma, and it was quite an ordeal!!! Our pediatrician neglected to tell me some VERY important things when he prescribed them, and, to make a long story short we will NEVER go back to Dr. Cline at the Greenwood Medical Center again! I'll have to tell you the whole story sometime.

Anyway, hang in there, sounds like you're due for a nice break! Let me know if there's anything we can do to help! I'll be making a big batch of "Mrs. Fields" cookies tomorrow, so maybe I'll bring some over to you, since we all know that cookies solve every problem! LOL