Thursday, December 14, 2006

All In A Day's Work

Today was quite the busy/fun day. Actually all of December is like this so why am I constantly amazed at the full calendar? I know Shandy thinks I'm out of control about Christmas, but it's such a fun time! And, here is the icing on the cake: Some "secret elves" are doing the 12 days of Christmas for us this year! I've lived a long life (32 friggin' years) and I thought I was fulfilled....and then the 12 days of Christmas started----NOW I'm fulfilled! Seriously though, it's so fun. Yesterday we received a can of pears with a note that said "On the 1st day of Christmas your secret friends give to you, some pears from the tree where the partridge did flee!" Tonight we got a 2 liter of Sprite with a note that said "On the 2nd day of christmas a drink we hope is right, to brighten up your holiday and make your spirits SPRITE." Isn't that fun? I seriously am giddy and can't wait to see what the next 10 days bring!!! By the way, it doesn't take much to make me giddy. Ha Ha.

So, back to today...
My kids were looking quite shaggy with their mop heads, so I decided to get their haircuts. They look mighty fine now! Here is a cute picture of Parker. I was a little hesitant to show this picture because it's quite obvious that he needs to brush his teeth, but he has such a cute smile and for ONCE he doesn't have a bruise on his forehead! It's quite a miracle actually, I think I'll call it the "Christmas miracle of 2006".


Then a little later I found Parker in my room, kneeling down, having a testimony-building, spiritual experience.


Oh, JUST KIDDING, he is just enthralled with a Spongebob episode. You know, the episode where nemotoads eat his pineapple house? Yeah buddy, that's a good one!


Tonight was my niece's (Jessica) bridal shower. Here she is:


The shower was held at a place called "Pipe N Tube". Fern's husband, Russ, and his family used to work here. It was a family business. The place is vacant now and is for sale. Here's the crazy thing: This business has a SWEET swimming pool inside! From the road the building looks like your basic construction-type building. Then you go inside and it has the nicest pool! Beautiful flowers and plants all around the pool complete with nice patio furniture! It cracks me up every time I see it. So, Sam and the boys weren't invited to the shower, so they swam while we did girl stuff in the next room.




My wacko nieces, Melissa and Liz, grabbed my camera and took like 20 hysterical pictures. Here's a few.



I like this picture of Carson and Melissa. Check out Carson's droopy eyes! He had been swimming for 2 hours at this point. Melissa was so irritated that I wouldn't swim with them. She wanted to know why, so I said "You've got a Barbie Doll body and I'm the mother of two who hates to excercise!". She said "it doesn't matter! When I'm old, fat, and hairy (is that comment directed at me?) I'm still going to put on a swimsuit and flaunt it"! Yeah right, is all I have to say to that!!


And finally, we got the kids home and put them to bed. I walked out of their room, counted to 40, and walked back in and they were FAST ASLEEP! I need to take my kids swimming more often!!!!



Well, it's late and I still need to watch my TIVO'd episode of The Office, but I wanted to share with you a cute "neighbor Christmas gift" that I got. Attach a roll of christmas wrapping paper to this poem:
Before you know it we'll "WRAP" up this season
for the holiday's go so fast.
Remember to "WRAP" your arms around loved ones
for relationships are what last.
When you're busy "WRAPPING" presents and wonder
if something's been missed...
"WRAP" warm feelings around each other and
seal it with a kiss.
But before this holiday season "WRAPS" up,
we wanted to say something, too...
We'll be "WRAPPED" up in warm, happy feelings
because we have friends like you!

That's a "WRAP"!!

Isn't that a great idea? I love creative people because then I can re-use their ideas!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you need to invest in a swimming pool!! The swimming pool photos are priceless...

Cody Oram said...

its okay, I have a hairy back!!! Thats my excuse!!

new blog: codyoram.blogspot.com

Susan said...

I want someone to do the 12 days of Christmas to me. You'll have to share more of what you get. And you can't tell Parker's teeth are dirty just from looking at the picture on the blog.