Thursday, December 07, 2006

Christmas Fun

The last few days have been full of Christmas details...lists of things to do....lists of things to buy....and lists of who has been naughty or nice.

Fern has been extra nice this year so I thought I'd go help her make all the Clark Christmas Candy that has been a tradition for as long as I can remember.

We made Toffee, Peanut Butter Cups, Nougat, and White Chocolate Popcorn in a matter of a few hours. We had leftover chocolate so Fern dipped Ritz Crackers. At the time, I thought she was a crazy lady, but then she pushed one into my mouth and DANG they were really good!!




Fern even taught Parker to stick his tongue WAY out when licking chocolate off a spoon so you don't get your face all dirty. Fern's determination to become the world's "Best Aunt" is certainly working with my boys!



She even gave us some basic stockings and all the glitz and glory to decorate them with. Last night Carson and I made his stocking and here is the result. Now, this may be shocking and I don't know if anybody knows this, but glitter is really messy! Holy crap, the whole time I was working with the glitter I was muttering all sorts of stuff under my breath. Carson was just so happy that I couldn't bear to tell him "I will NEVER use glitter again. Cross my fingers, hope to die, stick a needle in my eye!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Today, Quizno's - $3.21

Who's black fingernails are those? I hope that's paint and not dirt!! I gained three pounds just reading this blog entry.

Anonymous said...

I guess I should have washed my hands after changing Parkers 3 dirty diapers!!! oh wait, carrie changed them all..... it was a lot of fun carrie, thanks again!

Curtis and Shandy said...

I think you are the only one keeping up that Clark tradition.

Indiana Clark's said...

Wait until you have a girl and their is glitter and sparkles flying everywhere all the time. Good job on your stocking Carson!!