Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas 2006

This has been a wonderful Christmas season for us this year. Here's how Christmas day went:

My Mom and Dad came over before the boys were even awake, so we woke them up because we were all too excited to let them sleep!

Santa came, as promised, and delivered just the right toys for the boys. Carson got the Slurpee Maker he had asked for, as well as a wallet. Now he and his cousin Kevin can both be cool with their grown up wallets!

Of course, the only pop we had was Mountain Dew, so Carson's first homemade slurpee was made from a pop we NEVER let him drink!



Parker was also happy with his Santa gifts: a Rescue Pets dog and a "Cars" ball.
Darren and Susan's gifts to our family were PERFECT! Thank you so much you guys!! Parker loves his car set that goes in the tub and Carson brags to anyone who will listen about how cool his dinosaur head lamp is! Sam also loved his gift card and I'm very excited to learn how to cook using a cast iron skillet. Thank you Thank you!!



After we opened gifts, I made German Pancakes for breakfast, yumm-a!!

Then we all vegged out until 4:00pm. Then it was time to head to my parents house for Christmas dinner. I got lazy and didn't take any pictures but Sam captured this funny one: apparently Nalani was telling a really funny story, but I have no clue what it was about. Sam said it was something about goblets and the drink spilling down her face... ? Later on Fern and Aaron came over to hang out and it was a really fun evening and the perfect ending to a great day!


For those of you who know how funny my dad is, here are a few stories from the past few days:
At Curtis and Shandy's house on Christmas Eve, I was on the phone with Fern and Parker walked up to me and shoved his finger in my face. He usually does this when he hurts his finger, so I just kiss it better and he moves on. So, as I was talking to Fern, I bent over and kissed his finger. It didn't make him happy and he moved over to my dad and did the same thing. Well, after I kissed his finger, I noticed a very foul odor. But, since I was on the phone, I couldn't do anything at the time....so when my dad bent over and kissed his finger I couldn't help it, I said "just a sec. Fern....Hey dad, does Parker's finger smell like poop?" He smelled the stinky finger and then freaked out as he looked down Parker's diaper and realized the source of the smell. Parker had stuck his finger in his poopy diaper and then I kissed his finger and so did my dad!!!!! I was too busy laughing at my dad to be grossed out because he was wiping his lips furiously hard with the sleeve of his shirt! OH man, it was so funny!
While we were at my parents house for Christmas dinner , Parker had a few messy diapers so as we changed them, we put them on my parents porch because it was too cold to go all the way to the garbage cans. As we were saying good-bye to Fern and Aaron my dad saw the white "packages" and got so excited because he thought the neighbors had left him more Christmas goodies on his porch. He happily exclaimed "OH, Santa brought me more goodies!" and he bent over and picked up a poopy diaper. Again, the look on his face was priceless as he realized it was just a dirty ol' diaper and not a sweet treat from Santa. I thought I was going to fall over I was laughing so hard at him! Poor dad, he means well...
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and I look forward to blog updates from every one of you!! Love ya!

13 comments:

Delene said...

This is a very funny story! It goes to show us that we "need" to pay attention to our kids! I'm still laughing. Thanks for sharing, Carrie.

Tracie said...

That's awesome! I'm glad you're so excited for presents Carl. I bet Susan and Darren could save you a few too!!

Tracie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Curtis and Shandy said...

I am sure glad you gave us the shortened version of Christmas.

Carrie said...

Shandy, this is my journal. I'm sorry if you don't like reading it.

Curtis and Shandy said...

I an only kidding, I love that you always update it, you are my daily blog that I check.

Anonymous said...

Carl:

The "real" presents have bows on them and they don't smell funny. What kind of a Santa's helper are you anyway? My sides hurt from laughing...and BTW..go wash your hands .

Uncle Phil

Carrie said...

Shandy, I'm glad you really do like the blog. I should have known you were just being funny. sorry I took it wrong. :)

Susan said...

Carson, will you make me a slurpee when I come down there?

nalani said...

Is it time for a group hug with Shandy and Carrie?? Just kidding!!!!

Anonymous said...

awesome blog! i have loved spending time with you and your family- thanks for the good times and your friendship-- love you i seem to be a little sappy.... must be an upheaval in my life somewhere....

Carl and Pat said...

I have shared the "poopey finger" story at work. They can't stop laughing and want me to tell it over and over. Dad

Anonymous said...

Ok...groooss! Let this be a lesson to you...never kiss and smell!