Saturday, December 23, 2006

Sweet Party

Thursday night was the annual Sweet Family Christmas party. As always, there was an abundance of everything: food, people, gifts, people, conversation, and people! This was my 9th Sweet Christmas party and I still can't believe that chaos that comes along with that many people. Don't get me wrong, I love the Sweet family as my own, but there are so many! For example, we set up 4 long church tables and in my head, I thought "that should be enough" and at that same time, Sam said "okay, that will be enough for the kids, now let's set up some for the adults". All I could do was laugh!!

This year, for the kids, they did a gift exchange of either hats, scarves, socks, or gloves. Carson received this sweet fleece hat, homemade by his Aunt Rose.


Instead of doing a gift exchange for the adults, we instead donated money earlier this year to go towards a "sub for santa". We provided Christmas for 2 families with the money we all donated. So, at the party, we wrapped the presents for these families. It was a great experience and I hope to continue this new tradition in years to come. Here I am doing some wrapping. I'm very focused because I take my gift wrapping extremely serious, just ask Sam... Oh yeah, hey Sam, who wrapped my presents this year? Was it you or our neighbor??? Just joking with ya baby, I love you no matter who wraps my presents, just so long as I get presents! ha ha ha


Here are some fun, random shots:



I remember when I was little and we were at a Clark family party at a church one time. Just like the kids here, we all played with the tables on the cart and pushed it all over the gym floor. One time, my heel got caught under the edge and messed me up for quite awhile, of course my parents said "yep, that's what can happen when you play with those." At the time I was devestated because I was SURE nobody had ever gone through the pain that I was experiencing at that moment. I was remembering that painful memory at the Sweet party when my brother-in-law, Rod, said to me: "I remember when I was a little boy and got my heel caught under the edge of one of those carts and tore my achilles tendon" Oh, so I guess my experience wasn't unique and I decided I didn't want my boys to go through it as well, so I promptly grabbed my kids and said "let's put the tables away now".


The brothers: Jeff, Sam, James, and Rod


And finally, even after hours of playing with their cousins, they still had big smiles on their faces! That's the sign of a good party and a wonderful family!!

1 comment:

Carl and Pat said...

Carrie, as I remember I was telling you to stop pushing that table cart around or someone would get their foot caught. Did you all listen.... NO! Hence the sore foot. I am sorry you have harbored this terrible childhood experience for so long before expressing your true feelings. All I have to say about that is "Build a bridge...." Dad