Sunday, December 10, 2006

Crazy, Fun Month!

Wow, every year I forget how insanely busy this month is! It's kind of like having a baby-when you are going thru the agony of pregnancy, you tell yourself "I will never do this again!". Then after a few years go by, you forget the constant nausea and have another baby!
I always tend to bite off a little more than I should try to chew. That's a really gross analogy....
This weekend I wrote and mailed my Christmas letters, I made 4 different kinds of Christmas candy/goodies, I almost finished my Christmas shopping, I made birthday cakes for women in my ward, I attended a wedding reception, and I took the kids to see some real reindeer! I'm exhausted, but very happy about the progress I've made.




Tonight we hung out at my parents house. Curtis, Shandy, and Dexter were there so that's always fun. My boys got to spend some quality time with Dexter. Today in Primary, Carson got a cool book that his teacher made him. It's a bunch of pictures of Christ and explanations that go along with them. The lesson was about thinking of Christ during the sacrament so this is a book you bring to church with you to help you remember why you take the bread and water. Very impressive I think! Carson was so excited to teach Dexter about Jesus, it was a tender moment!


Then Parker tried to teach Dexter the meaning of "tummy time". Dexter did pretty well!


I'm excited about this Saturday because we're having friends over to watch "Elf" and then we're doing a White Elephant Gift Exchange. Does anybody have any funny/creative ideas for a white elephant gift?? My creative mind has officially given up on me!!

6 comments:

Curtis and Shandy said...

Carrie you are a Christmas fanatic!

Anonymous said...

you are awesome! didn't you do a case of ramen noodles for a white elephant that everyone loved? russ mounted a huge unique looking light bulb on a wood stand once- it was hillarious, another good one is a gold fish in a tin- good luck!

nalani said...

Dang! I'm tired from just reading your blog!! I pretty much haven't accomplished anything but I did wrap a few presents on Saturday---yipee!

Susan said...

I'm trying to figure out what Christmas show is in the background in one of those pictures. I don't have any creative white elephant ideas for you but I'll keep thinking on it.

Delene said...

Carrie, one year a person from our ward cut out an elephant from a scrap of plywood and then painted it white!

Anonymous said...

I happen to know that the TV show in the background was a cake decorating contest on the food channel...do I win a prize?