Friday, August 01, 2008

Kids

Cameron:
He's been a trooper letting us do his neck exercises every day and night. He can tell when we are about to start doing them and he gets a little fussy but overall I'd say he's a CHAMP! I've been trying to keep him off his head except for when he's sleeping so he's had lots of tummy time, johnny jumper time, and bumbo time!


He fell asleep in his jumper today, precious.


Parker:
He's been a little lonely this week because Carson started 2nd grade this past Monday. For some reason, when Cameron isn't sitting in the Bumbo chair, Parker likes to wear it on his head. I've said this before and I'll say it again...sometime it's easier not to ask questions!



Carson:
2nd grade has been good to Carson. I think he genuinely likes his teacher and his classmates. Today he came home with something called "Friday Letters". It's a letter that he writes to somebody in his family and then whomever he writes the letter to, has to write a letter back to him. All the letters are kept in a folder and by the end of the year it's going to be his 2nd grade journal.

I pulled out the letter and did what any normal parent would do. I said "Hey Carson, read me your letter!" because I couldn't read the words quite honestly. Here's exactly how he wrote the letter:
Dear mom and dad,
I lard a noo song. Mom tel camorin I side hi. From, Carson

His interpretation:
I learned a new song. Mom, tell Cameron I said hi.

My return letter:
Dear Carson,
I am so glad you learned a new song! I think you have a wonderful singing voice. I did tell Cameron you said "hi" and he gave me a big smile. Thank you for being such a great son. I love you very much! Love, Mom.

I really like this picture of Carson. This is EXACTLY how my brother Darren used to lay on the floor when he watched TV when we were little.

3 comments:

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

OH.MY.CUTE! That 1st picture of Cameron on his tummy is to DIE FOR! You guys sure make cute kids!

Carl and Pat said...

Yep, that first picture of Cameron is now my favorite. I think this is going to be a banner year for Carson...dear Parker--what a unique kid he is. Nice picture of his beloved omnitrex, too!

Delene said...

I didn't have a bit of trouble deciphering Carsons letter! He did very well with the "inventive" spelling! Some kids you can't tell at all what they've written. Tell Carson, I'm impressed and to keep up the good work!