Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sweet Campout/10 Year Anniversary

The annual Sweet Family Campout was this weekend at the Smith and Morehouse campground. I'm pretty sure that this is my new favorite campground! It's beautiful, the campsites are pretty big (I think our campsite number was 33, it rocked!), there is a reservoir about a mile up the road which is gorgeous, and we were in fabulous company. The only downside...the bathrooms. Really stinky vault toilets. Just practice holding your breath for long periods of time and you'll be okay!

Cameron was an absolute TROOPER! Let's be honest, I was more worried about Parker than I was about Cameron. The only tricky thing about taking a bottle fed baby camping, is always having enough warm water for bottles...especially first thing in the morning. Wanna know my solution? Sam got to sleep with a bottle of water in his sleeping bag and it stayed luke warm by 7am the next day. Voila!!

Day 1
The Bumbo chair was also a huge help, it kept Cameron clean, off his head, and happy! Here he is in front of our tent. Sam's brother calls our tent a hotel because it's huge. I love it!


After we got our camp set up, we headed to the reservoir. Isn't it purdy? Like those clouds?


Emery and Parker just chilling out...


Everyone was having a great time and all of a sudden... ***CRACK BOOM***!!! It lightening'd and thunder'd at the same time, RIGHT ABOVE US! I've NEVER seen Sam run out of a body of water faster than he did at this moment. In fact, I'm pretty sure he was running on top of the water. I was laughing so hard I didn't notice the huge rain cloud headed our way... Long story short, we got drenched. I loved every second of it! We hung out in our tent hotel and just listened to the rain for several hours. The kids loved it too!


By evening time the rain was just a drizzle instead of a terrential downpour so we dealt with the moisture without too much complaint.
Here is Aaron, Carson, and Scott. Scott and Shauna brought 3 cute little dogs that my boys LOVED! Carson is holding "Candy".


You would never know that moments before Parker was pouting about something. All I said was "don't you smile...." and this is the face he gave me. What a ham!


Super cute pic of Jessica and Cameron!


Precious!


Seriously, don't you giggle a LITTLE bit at this picture? Sadly, I can't remember why he is crying. :)


Day 2
He was much happier the next morning, see?


This picture kind of freaks me out. People tell me that Cameron looks like Sam but I never really believed it until this picture... FREAKY!


HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO ME!
August 8, 2008 is my 10 year anniversary of being married to Sam-I-Am.

I'm kind of bummed because I have a sweet video of our canoe ride/cruise together but blogger can't upload it for some reason...maybe it will work later. Anyway, Sam took me for a canoe ride because he said it's the closest thing we'll ever get to a cruise. :)
The happy couple and my view:



Carson started to look a little 'droopy' while playing in the lake. He ended up with the chills, a fever, and a nice case of dehydration. Unfortunately, I wasn't very good about keeping fluids coming...live and learn. He spent all evening in bed, I felt pretty bad!


Parker just eating his lunch on a rock.


Say "cheese"! No really, give me a smile! C'mon, at least a little smile?


Jeremy, looks like an inside job! Actually I don't really get what that means but Fern said it and I laughed...I'm still laughing.


I think Mel and Liz stole my camera...cheesy chic!


Some of the happy bunch


Mel, what are you thinking?? Are you thinking how much you love and admire me??


Sweet toes...wait, I think those are Clark toes.


Sam surprised me for our anniversary with a gift bag. Apparently the traditional gift for a 10 year anniversary is tin. So, Sam gave me the canoe ride in a tin canoe, he found metal goblets that he gave me with sparkling cider, and he gave me a CTR ring. He also gave me a People magazine to read while camping and some yummy raspberry Pepperidge Farm cookies. He is amazing! I love you SAM!!!!

Here we are toasting our anniversary at dinner that night:



As we toasted our anniversary, Sam said "here's to another 5, at least". I guess we'll see what happens in 5 years!!

After dinner Cindy was in charge of some activities and she did a great job, even though we mostly teased her the whole time. We did skits out of a bag of random items, a treasure hunt, and an alphabet game where we had the letters A-Z written on a piece of paper and we had to come up with a church related item to go with each letter. What church word goes with 'X'? WE just put X'd. :)

After dinner we hung out at our individual camp site for a little while. Well, Cameron and Sam and I hung out. Carson and Parker were fast asleep in the tent at this point!


Day 3
We pretty much woke up and took down camp. Like my elaborate breakfast I fed the kids?


All in all, the camp was awesome, the weather was cool, the rain rocked, my anniversary reminded me how much I love Sam, and I always come away from the campouts with a deeper appreciation of the Sweet family. I think the kids had fun too!



Surpringly, this isn't half of the pictures I took this weekend. It's hard to pick and choose what goes on the blog because I had so much fun!

8 comments:

Ryan said...

I can't believe you posted a picture of a lake with no people in it. Before long you will be a photographer just like your brother.

Mel said...

Yes carrie, thats exactly what i was thinking.....

Tonje said...

Carrie, I was so excited to hear from you!!! I miss you guys! I can't believe how big Carson and Parker are. Cameron is sooooo cute, and I think he looks a lot like you. Tell Sam hi!

Anonymous said...

I sooo can't believe i have to explain an 'inside job' to you of all people!! --peeing from the inside verses getting water thrown on you!! hahaha you are a hoot!! the campout was great- i loved spending so much time with you all- i love seeing russ revert to his inner child when he is around all the little kids... bomp bomp bomp- doo dah!

Natalie said...

Wow, it looks like you guys had a blast!!!! I miss the Utah camp spots.

Ok Sam, my 12th anniversary is coming up in October. Could you please give Neal some lessons on how to give fun things to his wife and create good memories? I think I cried on my 10th anniversary. Really memorable.

Carl and Pat said...

This looks like so much fun--sorry we missed it. Too bad Carl's family reunion coincided with this one. We really enjoy being honorary Sweets during reunion time!

Ginger said...

Don't worry Carrie I still can't figure out what inside job means.

Jess said...

mark calls returned missionaries eX-missionaries.. i think that's how they say it in argentina or something.. so, there's your church X! i'm sad i missed out on that night!