Thursday, August 21, 2008

Time For An Update

I'm tired of looking at Sam's drilled finger so here's an update:

On Tuesday we went to another Physical Therapy appt for Cameron and his torticollis. I must say, physical therapists are amazing. To Cameron it seems like play, but to the people in charge, they are trying to fix his range of motion in his neck muscles. Now they are having me do all sorts of other playtime exercises with him and it's kind of tricky...I hope I'm doing everything right. Yikes! At this appointment the PT said we needed to focus on Cameron rolling over his left shoulder because due to the muscle situation, that is going to be the hardest (Cameron hadn't rolled over at all at this point). Well, by that afternoon I had Cameron on his stomach and was playing with him and in the blink of an eye he rolled over his left shoulder! Wahoo! Finally!! He rolled over several times that same day. Not so much today, but at least I know he can do it. Here he is on the exercise ball at the PT office:


In other news, Cameron started acting interested in eating something besides milk. I fed him some sweet potatoes and I think he was tripping out. He kept shuddering and pulling faces. Give him time, he's sure to have a hearty appetite, just LOOK at him! I have a feeling he's going to love food.


Oh yeah, the physical therapist told us to go ahead and start the helmet process with Cameron because his muscles are showing great improvement. So, I was able to get into the orthotist on Wednesday morning. They measured Cameron's head and said on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being a really bad case of plagiocephaly (misshaped head) Cameron is about a 5 1/2 to a 6. Yikes! The good news, Insurance should cover it. Once we hear back from the insurance company we will go ahead with getting a mold of Cameron's head for the helmet. I think within 3 weeks we'll actually have the helmet so start watching for fun pictures of Cameron around the 2nd week of Sept. I'm really not looking forward to the helmet phase.... bleh.

Just random...As part of Carson's homework he has to research questions on the internet and write down the answers. This just trips me out! I don't think I actually used the internet until I was almost out of high school and here we have Second graders using it without any problem at all! I still can hardly use the laptop without a mouse and Carson was cruising around without any problem! I think I'm old.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for getting rid of that finger- makes my stomach turn! i am impressed with how diligent you guys have been with cameron- even camping he did his head twists! carson is such a smart kid- gotta love it!!

Carl and Pat said...

Pretty soon we can call Carson to help us with techno stuff and give Sam a rest! Cute photos of pre-helmet Cameron.

Natalie said...

Crazy kids and their crazy internet. I remember the first time I used the internet, it was at BYU as a freshman! I did a search on Yahoo! So, Cameron gets a mold of his head? Will it be like plaster of paris stuff all over him, or something a little less messy? He is one cute kiddo. I love his happy face.

Thomas said...

Hey I cant wait to see you this next week. You are a good mommy, even if you do turn the heat on in the back on a 90 degree day.

Thomas said...

last comment by Maile

Ginger said...

Yeah Easton is learning how to navigate the computer. Kind of scary.

Guess what. Sometimes when nobody updates and I want to look at blogs I go way back in the archives and so I was looking at yours and you said that your husband's name is Samuel Levi. That is my brother's name! He is Samuel Levi but he has a different last name. Weird huh.

Carl and Pat said...

I just took a closer look of Cameron on the exercise ball--the words on his shirt are very appropriate!!