Sunday, April 12, 2009

Hoppy Easter!

Happy Easter to all! I hope you had a great day. Unfortunately, my Sunday worship was pretty sketchy...Parker made Carson cry during sacrament meeting and Cameron was a stinker. I spent my energy into trying to keep everyone quiet so I didn't hear or feel much of the meeting. I'm sure Festin and Patterson did a great job with their talks, however!

The boys found their baskets this morning.



They have been wanting a Rubix Cube for a long time. The Easter bunny found little miniature cubes and the boys couldn't have been more pleased!


But guess what happend about 9 minutes after this picture was taken? Yep, you guessed it, Parker 'messed' up his rubix cube and then freaked out because he wanted Sam to fix it so the colors were where they should be. I kept laughing so hard because, well, good luck to you Sam!

Cameron received a little car and he loves it. As he pushes it back and forth he makes "vroom vroom" sounds. Boys always know how to make car sounds, they are born with it, just like they are born with the ability to breathe and poop! It's instinctive!


Here are some artsy pics I took yesterday:





Sam and I decided that we didn't want the traditional Easter dinner so Sam had a great idea. Let's have spaghetti. Sounds great to me. Then Sam took it one step further...let's have spaghetti, but color different pots of water with food coloring, and boil the spaghetti in that!

Anything to shake up the day, that is the Sweet motto. Ask anyone.

So, we had three pots of spaghetti...one red pot, one blue pot, and one green pot.

We invited my parents, but warned them that it could be kind of scary. They were happy to be part of the experience with us.

What do you think??



I'll be honest, once the spaghetti sauce was mixed with my spaghetti, I had to close my eyes when I took the first few bites. It looked a little like vomit.

Here's an Easter tradition a girl can get behind! My parents always make amazing coconut cakes with cute little nests on top. Precious!


Cameron received an Easter card in the mail from my parents the other day. I gave it to him and he thought he was hot stuff.

Oh thank you grandma and grandpa! I love my card!


Tastes great, less filling!


No really, this tastes good!


Huh, I should probably call G-ma and G-pa and thank them!


Hello?? Hello? Can you hear me? I need to talk to my grandparents, I want to thank them for loving me!


I guess they couldn't hear me. I guess I'll just read my card instead.


Ha Ha, PSCYCH! I can't read yet


Cameron, quit saying "PSYCH". Nobody says that anymore!

If you are still awake, check out my previous blog post which includes our Easter Eve activites. I'm still tired!

7 comments:

Carl and Pat said...

Two fun-filled Easter days...so glad Cameron was thrilled with his card. Doesn't take much to make that kid happy! I didn't even have to close my eyes to enjoy the multi-colored spaghetti. Probably because I can enjoy eating anything I didn't have to prepare! (G-Ma)

Natalie said...

Yum. . . colored spaghetti! Very nice. Love the Cameron pics.

fern said...

haha that was cute! hoppy easter!

fern said...

by the way... i love the pictures of the spring buds-- nice use of your apt. setting!!

Ginger said...

I LOVE that picture of your baby and his car! It is so typical boy-ish. Maybe we should keep cars in our diaper bags for church and they can drive them around together and make car noises. That would be funny.

Ginger said...

What I meant is Landon and Cameron. Sorry. That didn't make sense the first time.

Amy B. said...

Maybe I can leave something clever for you to read...PSYCH!