Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Soccer...Second Year

Parker will be attending Kindergarten this fall, so I could have signed him up on a soccer team full of kindergarten age kids. However, the last time he played soccer was last fall during fall soccer. Last fall was the first time he had ever played. Catch my drift?

I chose to put him with Pre-K kids.

I'm so happy I did! He has 3, 4, and 5 year old kids on his team. It's brilliant. Lots of tears, lots of bloopers, and a few kids who are pretty dang serious about their soccer! It's the perfect blend for somebody like me, with a blog.

Remember last year?

Well, this year the color is red and Parker and Jacob are on the same team again. They are a little older, a little taller, and perhaps, a LITTLE wiser. Emphasis on little!


I was almost giddy right before the game because I was so excited to see what bloopers would present themselves.

This little guy only wanted to play in the dirt the entire time.


This shot appears to be by the goal, but actually, our goal is way way waaaaayyyyy over to the right. The kids found something that looked like an upside down "u" and ran for it! Of course, nobody could get the pack of kids to stop until they reached their destination!


Now we're on the opposite side of the field. The EXTREME opposite. The ball rolled past our goal, but the kids didn't care. They ran out of bounds, and clear across another soccer game that was in progress. The coach literally had to chase them down (he's the guy in the jeans, on the right), get in front of them, and put his hands out to stop them. So awesome!


Unfortunately, this kid is so little, the other kids thought his shins were the ball. Ouch!


Parker managed to kick the ball a few times. Shhh, don't tell him, but he kicked the ball toward the other team's goal. Aw well, it's a start!


One of my favorite moments: the coach from the opposing team had his kids gathered around for a huddle. Parker marched right over and listened in on what he had to say. Blue was his color last year, I guess old habits die hard!


Did you know Parker could do a Jay Leno impression? Me neither.


Good times were had by all, except that one kid who kept getting kicked in the shins. I swear he is only 2 1/2 feet tall! :)

I can't wait for the next game! Neither can Parker.

3 comments:

sam said...

Nice, I'm sorry I missed it (dang sick kids!). P-man will be ready to go pro in a year or two. It's very important that we apply lots of undue pressure on him to improve his performance.

Thomas said...

Quinn runs off the field and tell you he's bored. We struggled getting those shin pads and socks on....dang it you're going to play.

B/T Frank said...

Game on Sweet's! I can't wait for Hunter and Aidan to play Parker! My two boys will be the ones in the dirt!