Sunday, April 05, 2009

Spectacular Sunday

This weekend was General Conference, which means not getting dressed up for 3 hours of church...instead, we stay home and watch 8 hours of church on TV. :)

I thought Conference was amazing. I loved all the messages of hope and optimism in these troubled times. I loved how 'standing for what we believe in' was mentioned time and time again, even when the world points their finger at us and says "you should be ashamed of yourself", just because we aren't "forward thinking" in THEIR opinion. Everything was spot-on accurate and it was exactly the kind of stuff I need to hear every six months. Elder Holland's talk today blew me away. When he was describing Christ's experience just before he was crucified, it was like I was hearing it for the first time. A-Maaaa-Zing.

The boys were great during conference. As Sam said "they exceeded our expectations". I even caught them listening to the speakers now and then! Our primary presidency gave them some "conference bingo" games, which were a huge hit! Thanks ladies!

Parker creeped me out a few times with this scene:


Sam got these bouncy balls at Christmastime that are filled with glitter. He uses them for juggling, but they kept all of us entertained this weekend. So sparkly...


See this guy? He has been sick for several days now. Not sure what is wrong. He had a fever. He constantly complains about the roof of his mouth hurting, right behind his top, front teeth. His nose runs all the time and then he cries because "there is too much material in it to sniff". Tonight he said his cheek hurt. What do you think, sinus infection or something? I may have to take him to the doctor tomorrow, it's getting pretty bad. It's crazy though because he'll be crying one minute, and then totally fine the next minute. It's exhausting I tell ya! Thank goodness for Motrin!


During a good moment with him, we drove to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple to get some pictures this evening. However, the temple has chain linked fence around the entire perimeter, so we just went to a pathway kind of close to the temple.

Parker is contemplating when he'll ever get better....or maybe he's still touched by the amazing talks of General Conference, or perhaps he needs to use the facilities...


Sun.So.Bright! Side note: when Carson was a baby, he learned two phrases before he even learned single words...His first words/phrase was "what is it?" and the second words/phrase he learned was "Oh so bright!" ha ha!


We found an awesome hill to run down. Who can resist that???
I am soooo bummed that we didn't photograph Parker's first experience running down this hill. He had his arms inside his shirt and at the end he face planted so hard that I heard all the wind get knocked out of him as his feet were in the air. He stood up laughing, which I guess means the Motrin is working.

Sam did continuous shooting and here are some of the pictures from this series, I think this was his second time running down:







Besides the obvious comical outcome here, I love the shadows on that last picture. It's like a sloth kissing a giraffe or something bizarre like that. So fun!

Sam captured some fun air shots too:





Just for fun:





I can't wait to come back to this place when it's a little warmer outside. It was real fun.

I bet somebody a dollar that Sam will use this for his facebook profile picture. :)


However, I like this one better because it shows me in the background and I'm pretty sure I was thinking "Hey, can I get a little help here??" Just kidding, well, sort of...

5 comments:

kristine said...

Your boys are so big! Last time we saw each other Carson was a baby. I enjoy your blog, you crack me up. Keep it up!

Amy B. said...

Take him to the Dr...you can never be too sure...right? Hope he feels better soon and I love all the pictures!

fern said...

that was awesome-- felt like i was there with you! -side note... you can always count on jess saying 'what is it?' and when the sun comes out... we all say- oh sooo bright! ahhh good times!!

Toni said...

I love your pics, they are so much fun! I love conference weekend for the aforementioned reasons. There were definitely some great talks.

Natalie said...

I just had a good laugh. Thanks. I love the vanity, Sam. Love it. Maybe Parker has a crazy tooth thing going on? Poor child.
Then you push him down a hill, take pictures, and laugh.