Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Patience...Wearing...Thin....

I'm just being honest. At one point today, I walked downstairs with my fingers in my ears. I went into the laundry room and started the dryer, just to block out the sound of Parker crying and sniffing his nose every 2 seconds. So take that. Yeah.

Parker...love him as I do....when he's not happy, ain't nobody happy, bless his heart.

For all of you who know Parker, he's had this personality from day one. When he wants to be sweet, which is most of the time these days, he truly makes me proud to be his mom. On his first night of being sick, when I still had some compassion in me, I was sitting by his bed. I was holding his hand asking him if I could get him anything to make him feel better. He whispered in the most tender voice "You go watch your show, I'll be good." Seriously, isn't that amazing? Sam and I had rented a movie, and he was aware of that.

Fast forward 5 days. I have zero patience left, and Parker isn't going to play the "tender" role any longer. He screams, he pouts, and that dang sniffing. Seriously, just try sniffing your nose every 2 seconds. After about 5 sniffs doesn't your nose hurt? I kept telling Parker this all day. I think it's a habit now because trust me, there wasn't much to sniff. I timed him about 10 different times today and the sniff increments honestly were 2 to 2.5 seconds apart!

I know I sound like an uncaring mom right now, I love Parker with all my heart, but I can't figure out what is wrong with him. That's what is making these past 5 days so hard.

He goes from having a 102+ temp, to no temp at all. Then his eyes will get crazy red and swollen with goop, to not having any problems at all. His roof of his mouth will hurt, then be fine. It hurts to swallow one hour and the next hour it doesn't hurt. Then he's hot, then he's cold....


I almost took him to the doctor yesterday, when the symptoms stopped and he acted fine. I almost took him today, then he got happy. Honestly, I can't figure him out. He's had fever reducers, pain reducers, allergy medication, and a decongester. Nothing seems to be the answer.

However, as most of you know, when I'm having a bad day there is one thing that almost always makes me happy...yard work!

Today was actually pretty nice considering the weather lately. At about 5pm I headed outside and started ripping weeds and grass out of my flower beds. I honestly could feel the tension leaving me within 5 minutes. Just then Sam came home and picked up a shovel and started helping. Before long, Parker came out and joined us...and he was happy!! Yes!!!

We took our Christmas lights down from the trees and bushes, now we just have to take down the house lights...yes, we're ghetto, it's April. Whatebs.

But here is what I love the most about nice weather in my neighborhood: Everybody comes out of hibernation! All of a sudden people are walking around, stopping to chat. We live on a main road, which sucks most of the time, but on nice days, it's perfect because we get to visit with lots of people.

My friend Karadie has the most awesome dog ever. His name is Bruce and he's a boxer. If I could handle one more "person" to clean up after, I would get a dog just like Bruce. Cameron has never been around big dogs before, I thougt he'd freak out but he loved Bruce. He would stare and him and totally squeal! So funny.

Here is Bruce being ever so patient.


Cameron is in the standing position right now, check out how much bigger Bruce is? Cam is crazy, he don't care.


And here is Cameron thinking "huh, that nubbin' of a tail looks sort of like my bottle...or my thumb..." JUST KIDDING! Ew, gross. He probably was thinking that, he frightens me with what he puts in his mouth.


And a couple sweet shots of Bruce catching a golf ball.



As I was cleaning up my yardwork messes, Parker found a rock. I told him to save his prized rocks and put them in his treehouse in the backyard...instead of all over inside the house. He looked at me, with a VERY offended look on his face, and said "Tsk! What if the weather happens!?!"

At least he has kept his irrational sass throughout this whole "sick" thing.

Good thing my husband is the most amazing husband ever. He surprised me with beautiful roses yesterday!

7 comments:

PrincessKatie said...

Poor Parker. I hope he feels better soon. Hey I don't have your email but a bunch of us are getting together Thursday afternoon for an egg hunt if you wnat to bring you kids. If so leave me a comment with yoru email and I can send you teh information.

Toni said...

I love you, you freaking crack me up. "What ebs" ha ha. So seriously hilarious, I hope Parker is feeling better today. I am glad u enjoyed the sun, we sure did. And I have to say I can't wait to have a yard to work in.

fern said...

i am so jealous!! i am dying to get out in my yard again- my weeds miss me!! i even saw a dandilion and didn't get to dig it up because i was on my way out.... again- soon... the planets will align and the sun will be shining and i will be off work! love the dog shots- looks like fun!

cathy said...

Oh, Parker. Bless his heart.

Carl and Pat said...

I'm with you on the yard work..no wonder I'm so grumpy--can't get outside to work in the dirt. Good old Parker--it's a good thing he's so darned cute..you can't stay mad at him for long.

Ambyr said...

Porbre sito, that mean poor little guy in spanish. I feel so bad for Parker, but I gotta say he really sounds sweet at first. The sniffing thing would drive me more crazy than anything else so I'm with you on the patience level for sick kids. Good luck. Sam is such a sweet guy (pun intended). The flowers are beautiful.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh!!! Zach does the same sniffle thing when he's sick!!! It drives me crazy too! The worst is when he sneezes and has a bunch of gunk hanging out of his nose, and as soon as he sees that I have a tissue to wipe it he hurries and sniffs it up! (shudder) The sound gives me the chills.