Monday, April 27, 2009

Sick, Continued

Sorry about that disgusting picture of Cameron in my last post. I just wanted to share my grief with you.

Is this picture better?


That's what Sam's eye looks like right now. He came home from work looking like that. I have no idea what's wrong with him. Sam says he doesn't think it's contagious unless he rubs eyeballs with somebody. Oh boy. I've never had pink eye, but that looks like pink eye to me. Can I come live with somebody for a week? I have 'Wicked' tickets this weekend and so help me, if I get sick and can't go....I will be T O'd. Yeah, you heard me, I said T O'd.

I must clarify something here. I don't know why everyone keeps getting sick. I promise I clean my house. I have disinfected every surface possible and I wash my hands about 50 times per day. If you have some suggestions, send them my way because this is getting crazy.

Speaking of crazy. My baby likes dill pickles. But that's not the crazy part. The crazy part is that string of boogies going from his finger to his lip. Now THAT'S art!


I better show something good or you are all going to stop reading my blog!

Here's something good:
We celebrated my dad's 65th birthday this weekend. In his honor, my mom made a 6 layer, homemade, coconut cake. Oh heavenly bliss. There's nothing like a cake made from scratch. It's crazy good, not crazy bad like those red eyes and blubbery boogies.


This picture is so funny to me. Look at the faces on those boys. They are so excited to try this cake, especially Parker. Look at my dad's face. He had just blown out the candles and he told us his birthday wish...for the next 6 weekdays to go by quickly (after that he will be officially retired). Yay!


I agree with my dad's birthday wish. I really want the next 6 or so days to go by quickly. I took Cameron back to the doctor today because he's just not getting better. Apparently, some strains of Croup can last 10-14 days, so that means 2-6 more days, at least, of grossness. Seriously, this mothering thing isn't for the faint of heart. We did get some eye drops for his eyes, which I'm thinking Sam needs now. However, I'm so lame because I forgot to give Cameron the drops before putting him to bed. Ugh.

I must say, even through everything Cameron is enduring, he's so dang happy. All day long he is still laughing and smiling. It cracks me up. I hope he keeps this trait as he gets older, because it makes everything less painful for those around him. I think there is an important life lesson there, don't you think?

7 comments:

The Airharts said...

oh carrie-you poor girl-get a babysiter and get out of that house for a minute-you deserve it! I really dont know how you are dealing with all the nastyness.

fern said...

ewww! sams eyes always did get real red-- alot-- for no apparent reason-- now when it was james... we knew the reason! that cake looks delicious!! happy birthday carl!

Thomas said...

I am telling you, Nancy's Yogurt has made a world of difference for us....we are usually sick half of winter, but since I have convinced my kids to eat Nancy's we haven't been sick as much. Nate has had bronchitis or pneumonia every winter since we have been married. He started eating Nancy's and didn't have that this winter. You have to add some maple syrup to it cause it is seriously potent. You can get it at Natures. Tillamook, Yoplait, and those other brands are packed with sugar and have hardly any acidophilus and active cultures in them, so they do very little to help keep you healthy. If you can't find Nancy's Yogurt, you can buy Maple Brown Cow too, not quite as potent, but still better than many grocery store brands. It seriously does pay to be a little snobby with your yogurt. During cold season I try to get them to eat it everyday, but we start slacking and get sick and then I get religious about it again. SORRY, NOT FUN TO BE SICK ALL THE TIME, YOU'RE HOUSE IS ALWAYS CLEAN....it really is the age of our kids.

Amy B. said...

I still love the snot picture...it cracks me up! And about the clean house thing...I feel the same way and my kids are ALWAYS sick...I think it's genes mostly...

Susan said...

It looks like pink eye to me, especially if it's itchy.

Susan said...

It looks like pink eye to me, especially if it's itchy.

cathy said...

so I just came from the health department restaurant inspection page to yours. Uh, I think I need a shower. (resists urg to scratch eye...)