Saturday, May 02, 2009

Wicked, Not In An Evil Way...

Who would have thought that this experience with the awesomeness of Sam, and the awesomeness of Fern (read to the end of this posted link) in this experience could have already resulted in the Wicked experience that I had last night?? Back in December I never thought May 1st would come!!!

I have to say, that I've been fighting a cold (courtesy of Cameron's croup) since Wednesday. I have been drinking 'Airborne' like it was going out of style, washing my hands like I was Howie Mandel, (read about his Personal Life) and I've used so many Clorox Wipes around my house that I'm dreaming about bleach. I was determined NOT to get sick because dangit, I've been waiting 4 1/2 months to attend this sold out show!



I could feel the cold coming, but I fought strong. I worked in the office all day Friday. Then Sam and I ate at PF Chang's (delicious!) and then headed to the show. By the way, at dinner there were 5 tables in a row. One side of the table was a bench/booth seat. The other side of the table had chairs. As we were seated, I sat on a chair, and Sam sat directly across from me, on the bench/booth seat. Normal, right? Well, as others were seated near us, most everybody sat together on the bench seat, side by side, and left the chairs empty. Is that weird or am I totally out of touch?? Hmmmmm

Anyway, I didn't bring my camera (shocker) but Wicked was so amazing. I've been listening to the music from Wicked since my birthday, but it didn't totally make sense. It was so nice to see the production and have everything tie together. There was a girl sitting in front of us and during the intermission Sam overheard her tell her friend "I've seen Wicked in New York and Chicago and this production is the best!".

Glinda was spot-on perfect. During the "popular" song she tossed her wand up in the air, and instead of it falling back to the ground, it landed on a piece of the set--way up in the air. It was so funny, she stood there for a minute and just giggled like crazy while Elphaba sat on the bed laughing. Glinda gathered her wits about her and went right on with the show, while the audience was still laughing and clapping wildly!

One thing I worried about was this cast not sounding the same as the CD I've been listening to. No problem there, they were amazing. The "Defying Gravity" scene was incredibly powerful. I didn't realize that the scarecrow, tin man, lion, and ruby slippers were going to have a part in this production. Again, it was amazing. It made me want to see it again, right away. Too bad they are leaving town tomorrow. Bummer!

As we were driving home I could feel my cold that I've been fighting like a champ, pin me down. My will power to stay healthy was gone and the virus knew it! So today I've slept pretty much all day in between coughing attacks. You know what though? That's okay, I'm good!

A few updates...
Cameron is healthy. The doctor was exactly right, his croup lasted about 12 days. He coughs a little bit now and then, but overall he's great. He's all over the place now, not a traditional crawl but he scoots, rolls, and army crawls. It's fun to move into this next phase.

Sam's eye is much better as well. He went to the eye doctor and he did have an eye infection. I picked up his prescription for him. That dang bottle of eye drops cost me $50! Cameron's drops were only $5. I guess things do get more expensive the older you get. His bottle of drops were so stinking tiny. Sam took a picture next to the itouch.


They did work for him, but DANG! $50!!!??? Mercy!

Finally, Sam went to pick up a few things from Walmart today and he brought home the movie "Short Circuit".


He's been obsessed with seeing this movie again ever since Wall-E came out. I can't imagine why....


He started watching it and immediately Carson and Parker started saying "Hey, he looks just like Wall-E!". You know what they say, everything comes back in style if you wait long enough.

6 comments:

Ambyr said...

I never would have thought about "short circut" but you right, he looks exactly like WaLL-E!!! I'm glad that you had such a great night and that Wicked was all that you hoped it would be. I'm especially happy for you that Cameron is better, what a long crappy time that was! Now we just need to get him and Paityn together with their pusher piano toys (we have the same one) and let them push them together, it could be like a little baby race.

Rose said...

I have Short Circuit 2 if he's interested in seeing it.

cathy said...

When you'r done with Short Circuit, I think we can dig up Gremlins, Goonies, and Weird Science for you :)

fern said...

dr j said wicked was better than when he saw it in denver and cleveland also! glad you had such a great time! really glad the 'boys' are all feeling better- take it easy- you deserve a break!

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

Short Circuit was the bomb back in our day! I love it.

And no, there's nothing wrong with you sitting across from Sam. Brian and I only sit next to each other at restaurants if we're with another couple. I think if you sit side by side at a table for 4, it's the same as a girl sitting in the middle of the cab of a truck, right next to her man. BARF!!! I like to gaze into my beloved's eyes when we're out to eat. :)

Holly Strong said...

I have to comment on the sitting across from each other....I too love it. It's so much easier to have a converstaion when you don't have to crank your neck to talk. We do it too.