Sunday, May 24, 2009

A Series Of Unfortunate Events

Sam said Natalie and Laurel would appreciate this the most....

Remember Parker's preschool graduation program? Sam was the photographer and took lots of pictures in hopes of that perfect shot. When we got home, I looked through all the pictures and did a blog update. Later that night Sam went through the shots to see what he had captured.

All of a sudden Sam flipped out and said "Oh my gosh Carrie, look at this!". I was expecting him to point out somebody we knew or a funny face that somebody made. Instead he said "Look at the girl on the far right."


I was NOT expecting to see a little girl puking!!! Oh man, she caught most of it in her hand! What happened after that???



I will never know what happened because Sam took pictures elsewhere after that! Don't leave me hangin'!!! I seriously did not see any commotion at all that would make me think "huh, I think somebody just horked." Oh it's so funny and so creepy at the same time.

In other news...
We came home on Friday night to find our storage/toy bedroom downstairs somewhat flooded. A sprinkler pipe had busted and drained into the window well. The water leaked into the house from around the window frame and onto the carpet below. We had some mayhem while we tried to clean up the water and get everything out of the room, but as Sam would say....it just shakes up the day.

No, that is NOT my leg. :)


Basically, with the help of several neighbors and friends, we were able to clean out the room, haul a huge load to the dump, and another load to the DI. We pulled the carpet and pad out of the house.



Not sure what to do next. We're going to check into getting some replacement carpet, but for now I'm just thankful it's been raining the last few days because my sprinklers need some repairs and I was worried about the lawn and flowers getting too dry! Score!

4 comments:

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

Yes, Sam was absolutely right! Before you even said to look at the girl on the right, I spotted the horker herself! I laughed out LOUD! That is truly some great photography. Too bad you didn't know it was happening when it was happening. Oh man, that made my day. Thanks Sam & Carrie!! :)

Rose said...

So glad that was not your leg, Carrie!

Susan said...

That's so funny that no one seemed to notice that poor girl. It seems like her family would have had to notice since it's your kid you usually watch.

Natalie said...

That is a great sequence of pics. Seriously, the puke is JUST STARTING! I'm proud of you Sam.

Sorry about the flood. That stuff should only happen if you DON'T go to the temple. Hate to see what the damage would have been had you not been there.