Monday, May 04, 2009

Talk To Me After Monday!

I walked into the kitchen today and saw this:


Sheesh, no wonder I can never get my kids off the counter! Drives me nuts.

So guess what? My dad retired today! He's been counting down his remaining days of the daily grind. The best part of this past week is when my mom would say "We really ought to..." or "You know what would be a good project?" or "Honey, can you do something for me....?" My dad would interrupt my mom and say "Talk to me after Monday!"

Well, Monday is here and my mom already has a "Things to do after Monday" list! Ha ha ha ha! Funny parents!

My dad really wanted to go to the Golden Corral because "that's where all the old people eat". So we picked them up tonight and my dad was wearing a Hawaiin shirt with jeans. I asked him if that's what he wore to work on his last day and he exclaimed "YES!". Good for him!

Carson loved the buffet. He had quite the variety of food on his plate and as he was coming back to our table he said, very loudly, "This place has EVERYTHING that I LOVE!" Just be glad I took the picture before he dumped ketchup all over his rice! Shudder.


Happy Retirement dad! Now both my parents are retired, time to play and figure out what hobbies they like after 40+ years of working. I'm hoping some of those hobbies include hanging out with 3 grandsons. :)

4 comments:

Tonje said...

We love the Golden Corral. Or, Link loves it, rather. We'll be going there for sure when we come over this summer. Hope to be able to meet up!!!!

Natalie said...

Ahhh, the Golden Corral. I remember as kids, we thought the Chuck-A-Rama was heavenly bliss. Everything you could possibly want, including ice cream and soda.

Happy Retirement!

fern said...

be glad that there is room to lay on your counter!! I say 'YUCK' to golden corral- but glad you had a good time!! congrats to the old foggies!!!

Unknown said...

You know, this is sad, but Carson's plate looked just like mine does at a buffet! I have a very simple taste in food!