Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Game Over

Soccer is over for this Spring season. I really enjoyed it and I'm pretty bummed it's over. Parker's coach was really good and he had some real fire crackers on his team, which made for some nice entertainment for the cheering section.

Here is Parker getting his trophy and team pictures from his coach, Kevin Thurgood.


One of the nice things about belonging to the Sweet family: A relative is never too far away! It's fun going to a game, and then having a mini family reunion at the same time!
Parker, Hunter, Aidan, Emery, and Mason - cousins!


Cameron loves having the wide open spaces to push his stroller around. Too bad my house doesn't have wide open spaces like this, Cameron might be walking on his own by now! ha ha ha!


Last night for Family Night, we put together a care package for Sam's nephew, Zack, who is serving a mission in New Jersey. His Birthday is on Thursday, happy birthday Zack!

We were all writing letters to him and I had to capture Carson's letter because it's just plain awesome!


It reads: Zack, You have been fun and all, but now you are on a mission and that is where you are supposed to be. You have made the right choice Zack. Love, Carson Levi Sweet.

That child of mine cracks me up. I love the picture he drew, it kind of reminds me of Conan O'Brien!

You know who else cracks me up? This guy:


These are just a few of the conversations I've had with Parker in the last week:

Mom: Parker, will you go downstairs and tell Carson it's time to get ready for bed?
Parker: Okay...(goes downstairs and then comes upstairs a few minutes later) Carson says he's busy.
Mom: Oh yeah? You go tell Carson I said..
Parker: MOM! you're like "go tell Carson" and Carson's like "go tell mom"... it's ridiculous! It's annoying!

Parker got out of the tub the other night and he was really cold so his teeth were chattering.
Parker: My teeth are having a battle!

Parker: Mom, why are you dressed like that? (I had on nicer than usual clothes)
Mom: Because I'm going to work today Parker.
Parker: WHAT? Who's going to take care of ME???
Mom: Grandma Clark
Parker: Oh yeah, I was all FREAKING out!

Mom: Let's do it.
Parker: A break it down!

That kid is always good for a laugh. I wish I was better at writing down the things that come out of his mouth.

And finally, tomorrow we are supposed to get Cameron's procedure done to unclog his left tear duct. I'm a little nervous though because when they found out he had Croup a month ago, they said we might have to reschedule. If they listen to his lungs and hear any congestion (I can't hear any congestion with my naked ears) they will reschedule. I'm so tired of wiping up his goopey tears and "sleepy bugs". I'm seriously praying all goes well tomorrow. Not sure how he will handle the anethesia, but I guess I'll have that question answered by this time tomorrow night (hopefully)! :) You know what else makes me nervous? Not feeding him or giving him anything to drink from now until surgery time. Looking on the bright side, maybe he'll be so grumpy they will rush him into surgery! Ya.....right.

5 comments:

Thomas said...

Those conversations are so funny. I love Cameron standing next to his stroller in that yellow outfit. He looks so cute. I hope all goes well with the duct surgery.

Sam said...

Remember how loopy Carson was with his surgery? I hope we get a repeat of that.

The other day we pulled into a parking space and I opened the doors to the van and said, "let's do it". Without missing a beat Parker said, "a break it down!" It was the funniest thing.

If anyone's looking for some good music, try The Raconteurs.

fern said...

good luck this morning with the surgery! parker is a hoot and carson is an awesome letter writer -I love the picture!!

Natalie said...

Oh man, that's a great letter! You need to send that to the Friend!

And Parker is a crack up!

Rose said...

Love the letter! The pic looks exactly like Zack! He will love it!
Thanks for sharing!