Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day 2009

We had a great Memorial Day. The day started with a gourmet breakfast by my dad: omelettes, hash browns, Bacon, waffles...the works! It was so good, that we didn't need lunch! :)

After breakfast we started the search for carpet. A huge thanks to my brother Mike, because he gave me the low down on carpet so I was able to ask educated questions to the sales people. We haven't made any decisions yet, but hopefully we will soon. I want my basement back! Right now it almost gives me a stress attack when I head downstairs. Stuff is everywhere!

In the afternoon we decided to do something fun and holiday-worthy. We headed up Big Cottonwood canyon to do some exploring. Well, as much exploring as you can do with a child in a stroller. We found a cute little paved hike called "Mill B". It runs along a crazy,rushing stream. I could not believe how much water was rushing down the mountain! A bit scary for a mother of three boys!

I kept trying to attempt a cute picture of "The boys", but Cameron was a little nervous about the whole ordeal. I think the sound of the water thundering past us simply freaked him out. As long as we were moving, he was okay. As soon as we stopped to take pictures he turned into Mr. Cranky Pants


Crazy fast water!


I love to just let Carson and Parker do whatever faces they want sometimes because they are just plain wacko kids. Sam tried slipping Cameron into one of the pictures, he didn't think it was such a hot idea!






Oh look, Cameron found his happy face for a few seconds.


As we were heading down the canyon to go back home, we were trying to decide what to do for dinner. Just then Sam's phone rang and we found out we were invited to dinner at our friends house. Thanks Ryan and Natalie!

They had a fancy BBQ with all sorts of side dishes that put most barbeques to shame! I think Natalie and Amy were the masterminds behind a lot of the cooking. You girls rock! Ryan and Natalie have a great backyard for entertaining, lots of things for kids to play on so adults can relax and chat. It was a great evening!

Cameron loves this car...maybe....maybe not.




Thank goodness for net enclosures on trampolines nowadays! Cannon Ball!!!


Here we are, back to the daily grind. Hopefully my next post or two will show different carpet in our basement. A girl can hope...

4 comments:

laura said...

when we had to carpet the new house we got it at "ward's carpet" in sandy. they were super cheap and did a great job!

we're planning on having people over once we get an actual yard, so plan on it!

cathy said...

Great shots of the boys, especially the one where cameron looks mad and the other two look dorky.

fern said...

i LOVE the picture of the boys! I have been looking for a new background for my computer at work- thanks!! looks like good times... good times!

Ambyr said...

It looks like you guys had tons of fun! Yeah! GOod luck with the carpet ordeal. If you need a break you are totally invited over on Friday at 11:30 for lunch and fun in my backyard, there will be a bunch of us there!