Monday, April 20, 2009

What Big Eyes You Have!

Long day. Very long day.

I woke up at 6:15am. I hear a dog barking in Cameron's room. Oh wait, we don't have a dog. Oh crap, Cameron's got Croup AGAIN! Cameron had Croup at 2 months old, 10 months old, and now 13 months old. That is three blasted times in less than a year! Nobody else in my family has ever gotten Croup. I swear I don't know why this keeps happening to him.

It was a bit stressful because we were supposed to get Cameron's tear duct unclogged today so adding Croup on top of that is just frazzling.

We went to the eye doctor and the first thing they did was dilate Cameron's eyes. Freaky Deaky.


They did a thorough eye exam on Cameron and said "his eyesight is great, no cataracts, no glaucoma, he just has a clogged tear duct." Shaw, tell me something I DON'T know. Then he proceeded to talk about the procedure to unclog the tear duct and the way he was describing it, I could tell it was in the future. I was all sorts of confused. I said "that is why we are here...today...to get it unclogged. I've been waiting 5 weeks for this appointment." He apologized and said he couldn't do it today because Cameron will be under general anethesia. Today was just for the eye exam.

It's like my life has a theme lately...let's make things a pain and stretch out the process for as long as possible. Oh well, what can I do but say "okay."? Besides, just that appointment took several hours and Cameron's bark was starting to get worse than his bite. Wait, I don't know what that means...

So then we head to the pediatrician's office to get the dreaded steroid shot to keep the airways open in Cameron's throat.

Have you ever had your eyes dilated and then you go into the really bright sunshine? It's quite the experience if you've never done it. No matter how hard you try, you just can't get adjusted to the light. It's like being in a dark movie theatre for 2 hours and then going outside in the bright light. You know that painful first minute of adjustment? Yeah, imagine a few hours of that. Cameron had several funny faces in the car while we were driving to the Pediatrician.





So Cameron got his steroid shot and Sam and I headed home and the day was gone! I couldn't believe it. Happy Monday to us!

We did get our new trampoline set up today. I'm happy to report that all the pieces were there and nothing was damaged. It's got a full enclosure so here's hoping for zero stitches or broken bones this summer! A mother can dream....

Here is Parker saying "I can see my future, and it is bright."


The boys.


Parker starts soccer tomorrow. I'm very excited for the bloopers!

8 comments:

Natalie said...

I bet that flash felt real good on his eyes.

Congrats on the tramp!! oline.

Rose said...

The last time I got my eyes dilated, it took more than 24 hours to get them back to normal. I won't be doing that again!

laura said...

ugh...that croup stuff sounds awful. i know missy has the same problem with hadley.

Lindsey said...

What a pain about the extra dr. appointments. Now Cameron looks like my Ben. I swear, he's got the biggest pupils, EVER! Red eye in every picture, no matter what!

Yay for the new trampoline, though!

Karen said...

Kris had the croup so often as an infant and a toddler that when he woke up barking he would just grab his blankie and head to the bathroom to wait for me to get there and turn on the shower for the steam. That was back in the old days before they did much about it. It is scary stuff tho'.

fern said...

how was your night? looks like the tramp went up ok-- except for that big lump in the middle of it!

Sam said...

ha ha ha....

cathy said...

Sometimes I think there is a conspiracy with multiple doctor appointments. Arg!