Saturday, April 11, 2009

Pre-Easter...AKA Preaster

Today was loads of fun. I'm coming off my sugar high now so I better update the ol' blog before I'm in a comatose state of mind.

The weatherman told us it would rain all day. Luckily it didn't start raining until late afternoon. Curtis, Shandy, and Dexter hooked up with us and we started our day with an easter egg hunt. We went to a park and hid the eggs and the hunt ensued.
We had some fun before the kids arrived to find the eggs. I love the shot of Cameron being thrown in the air. Fun!





Carson was way into it, Parker found a few eggs and then just played on the playground, and Dexter was happy as long as his mom was right with him. :)






After finding 91 out of the 96 eggs that we hid (yeah, you heard me), we went back to my parents house to continue the Easter traditions. We colored eggs.




Parker insisted on wearing his Halloween bat shirt for Easter. I'm sure it made perfect sense to him. Curtis was nice and drew a bat on an egg for Parker to match his shirt.


Here is my brother, Curtis, demonstrating the many sides to his egg.



It's hard to tell, but Sam's egg had "Cure" written on it. If you don't know why, you don't know Sam very well!


And, just so we could be hardcore and do every possible Easter activity, we also decorated sugar cookies. It was pretty funny. We had no desire to do anything else, but we couldn't stop. The eggs weren't even cleaned up before the frosting came out!




Now we just want to chill out for awhile but Carson and Parker have way to much pent up energy for that! Carson grabbed a bunch of eggs from the earlier egg hunt and threw them all over my parents back yard and told Parker to "find" them. Parker found about 5 and quit. Dang kid, just walked away and never came back outside! By now it starts to rain and Carson and I frantically had to scramble to find all the eggs (punny!), it was so lame, have you seen what moisture does to my afro hair? One day I'll post a pic. Just know that it's scary. Real scary.



Sam learned an unfortunate lesson. You should never put chocolate in your pocket. Maybe he was never taught this before. Better late than never!


Once the rain really started, Grandma gave umbrellas to the kids and let them play in the rain. They loved it. Cameron especially enjoyed himself!



I have a pretty random dinner planned for tomorrow. If it turns out as I hope, I'll post some pictures. Here's a hint...it doesn't involve a ham or potatoe casserole.

3 comments:

Thomas said...

Curtis does great impressions of happy/sad face Easter Eggs.
Happy Easter Sweets!

Susan said...

I love how coloring Easter eggs can bring out the creative side in adults, too. And don't you love it when your kids "great ideas" turn out to be more work for you? At least you got to have an Easter egg hunt, too.

Carl and Pat said...

It was one of the best Pre-Easter do-dahs we have had. I love it when the family all gets together and has fun. G-pa