Thursday, April 27, 2006

Birthday Cakes


As a Relief Society Presidency in my ward, we decided back in January to bake a cake for each sister's birthday this year. Now, before you all take a collective gasp, let me tell you how much fun I've had doing it! Between the 4 of us, we take our turn by baking cakes for the next 4 sisters on the birthday list. We deliver the cakes on their birthdays and it has been a wonderful experience so far. One huge benefit, we are able to meet the people who never come to church...it's casual, non threatening, looks pretty, and hopefully, tastes great!
April has been a busy cake month for a few reasons, 2 members of our presidency had babies, so two of us have been doing double duty. Plus, April is a baby boom month it seems. On Wednesday, I had 3 cakes to deliver. I thought they looked pretty sitting on my counter so I took a picture. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Curtis and Shandy said...

Carrie you are becoming so domestic and mom-like. It's real cute to watch. You'll be the cool mom that all your kids friends will like. But your own kids will be embarrassed. It's a win win situation for all.