Tuesday, April 04, 2006

George Costanza?



Today I had to go into the office for a few hours. I bumped into Sam while I was there because we work in the same building now. He asked me if I'd like to see his new office. So I ventured to the 8th floor to check it out. It's pretty sweet, I'll have to take a picture and post it another time. Sam needed to get his leftover lunch out of the breakroom so I went with him. Then I saw him do something just like George Costanza would do...He reached into the garbage and withdrew 3 packages of Hostess Cupcakes! I'm really not kidding here. Horrified, I asked him what he was doing. He said "I watched the vending machine guy look at the expiration date and then he threw them away! They just expired on April 2nd! I'm taking them home so I can eat them later." I told him right then and there that I think I might have to put this on my Blog. He had no problem with it, so PLEASE make lots of comments here and don't hold anything back!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least he had the sense to choose something good. Sam, you need to make sure you are around everytime the vending machine guy is around.

Carl and Pat said...

Way to be, Sam--cost effective as every good buyer should be!! I have absolutely no problem with dumpster diving (Keep us in mind next time, although I prefer Grandma's Cookies, the raisin/oatmeal kind.)

Anonymous said...

mom? mom? is that you?? love you sam!!!

Anonymous said...

mom? mom? is that you?? love you sam!!!

Curtis and Shandy said...

If it is completely wrapped, it is completely ethical.

Sarah said...

I would have done the SAME thing!! (and possibly worse.) When I first started reading, I thought he had brought them from home and was HIDING them so none of his co-workers would eat them...But that's from a mother who has always has a secret chocolate stash hidden somewhere.