Sunday, April 09, 2006

Spring Growth






I warned you that I was going to be posting a lot of flower pictures this summer. Here are the latest shots of what is growing.

The crazy cluster of spiky leaves are my Asiatic Lilies.

The small deep red leaves are a Peony I planted a few years ago and I'm still waiting for it to bloom, 2006 is the year of the flower, I just KNOW IT!

I've also attached a picture of some of my blooming tulips. I like this picture because it has tulips, Hyacinths, and the blue grape hyacinths as well. PLUS, just to keep it real, there is a nice YELLOW dandelion in the background! I never said my beds were perfect.

The yellow tulip is the first tulip to bloom in the bed along my driveway.

And then there is cutie patootie Parker sitting next to some Candy Tuft and more Hyacinths.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Okay your flower posts reminded me of two movies! Meet the Parents (do you have a Jerusalem Tulip?)
Also, Dennis the Menace when the flower blooms for one minute evey century or whatever and the whole garden club is at Mr. Wilson's at midnight to see it and just as it blooms, Dennis creates a ruckus and they all miss it. Mr. Wilson freaks out! It is hilarious.
Your flowers are beautiful!!!!

Anonymous said...

It looks like Utah is farther along than we are in Idaho.

Anonymous said...

Whoa...you have a green thumb just like your Mom and Dad!
Uncle Phil