Friday, May 26, 2006

Failed Artisan Bread



I attended a great artisan bread making class this past Wednesday. The bread was so tasty and I've wanted to learn this art for a long time. It's quite a process because you have to make a "starter" in the evening, then with the starter you create what's called a "sponge", which sits on your counter until the next day. Then with the sponge you make a bread dough. The whole process takes about 12-16 hours.
I tried making it on my own, and BOY did I fail! That's okay though, it's actually a great way to learn. I called my friend who is teaching these classes and she gave me some really great tips. Maybe once I perfect this art I'll give directions on this blog.
Thanks again to Cathy Gilmore who has been teaching my ward these bread classes, they have been so much fun. I think every ward should do this for an Enrichment Activity!

3 comments:

Susan said...

I can't wait to taste your perfected bread, Carrie.

Anonymous said...

That second one is actually a barn owl's head.

Anonymous said...

I think that bread looks like Mother Teresa. You better put it on E-Bay and I'll bet you could make lots of money.