Saturday, May 20, 2006

This Is The Place...Again





Well, we went back up to "This is the Place Heritage Park" to finish weeding around the Relief Society building. I convinced mom and dad to come, thinking it would only take about 15 minutes, but DANG those weeds had grown! Plus the ground was rock hard so we had to chisel out each and every weed. If they hadn't been there Amy Curtis and I would have probably bagged the whole idea and went to a movie or something! Good thing we thought to bring drinks and ice cream bars, I think it made it more bearable.

The boys (Sam, Carson, and Parker) had fun watching a new family of Canadian Geese goslings. They also found some rabbits hopping around. Precious!

3 comments:

Susan said...

I guess that means your back is feeling better, huh?

Natalie Service said...

Carrie - you are such a good example of hard work, service, dedication to church and family, tolerance, patience, and comedy. How did I ever score a friend like you?!?!
And I love that picture of the family of geese. Darren should be jealous of your photography skills!

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure I would have been smiling so happily if I had realized I was sitting on a pile of Canada Goose droppings!!! However, it really was a satisfying job getting rid of weeds in such a wonderful place! Thanks for the opportunity, Carrie.