Sunday, May 14, 2006

Productive Saturday



You all know how I am...I like to make a list (dad, thanks for that trait) and check things off as they are accomplished. Well Saturday, I wanted to turn on the swamp cooler because it's getting pretty toasty here. Not only did Sam get it going, he also figured he should change the pads in the swamp cooler because he hadn't done it for a few years. He threw the dirty pads onto the grass below and I about gagged. Air had been forced through those nasty pads and into my house...no wonder it was so musty. In the picture, the bright blue material are pieces of the new pad. The black/gray pads are the old ones. Good job Sam!

Some of you have been asking about the progress of my back...Here's the scoop-
I have a hernated disc in my back AND arthritis in my back. What dirty gene pool did I come from? :) So, tomorrow (5/15/06) I am getting a spinal injection of cortisone into my lower back. I've also been in Physical Therapy to strengthen my back. Hopefully those two things combined should correct the problem enough that I don't have constant pain. I'm ready for life to retutn to normal so I can do things for myself instead of having others help me all the time. I'm trying not to be a "spoiled princess" as Natalie Service commented on one of my previous posts!

No comments: