Friday, May 05, 2006

Wacky-Backy


You may have noticed a lack of updates on my Blog. I've been down and out ever since last week. Tuesday I had an x-ray and one of Sam's co-workers (and the Radiology Manager at LDS Hospital) told me I should go the The Spine Institute, so I did. My wonderful dad took the day off and my wonderful sister-in-law (Fern) took the kids so I could get diagnosed. After reviewing my x-ray and my symptoms they thought it was either a herniated disc or bulging disc in my lower back (this means the stuff between my lower vertebrate was out of wack). The doctor suggested I have an MRI (Magnetic Resonance Image) which we also took care of today. I was freaked out to get an MRI because I've heard of people having anxiety attacks in such a confined space (UNCLE RICHARD!). It wasn't so bad except for my embarrassment of having to wear a hospital gown when I haven’t shaved my legs for two weeks. Here's a picture of my spine from the MRI. Notice the spacing between the lower vertebrate is squished, compact, whatever. I believe it is pushing against some nerves and hence, my pain...

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh Carrie, sorry to hear your having back trouble. Ouch. However, I think that's a pretty good excuse for not shaving your legs (what's my excuse?) Anyway, hoping you feel better soon!!

Darren Clark said...

Thanks for not sharing a picture of your hairy legs. I hope you feel o.k. soon.

Anonymous said...

That picture gives me the "willies".

Anonymous said...

So what are they going to do about it?

Carrie said...

This Wednesday I go back to the Spine Institute and the doctor will review my MRI and possibly give me a shot of Cortizone into my back. Tomorrow, I need to call a Physical Therapist and go to therapy 2 to 3 times per week for 4 to 6 weeks. Good times eh? Does anybody want to watch my kids while I go to PT? :)

Anonymous said...

I do, but I can't.

Anonymous said...

at the dentist office here, we have all enjoyed the picture of your 'gas' floating next to your spine! what time do you go to the doc's on wed??

Carrie said...

Oh sick! I hope that's not gas! Anyways, I start PT tomorrow at 5:30 and my Doc appt on Wednesday is at 4:15. Good times

Anonymous said...

I had someone in Radiology look at the photo and they said it's not gas..............it's poo.

Just kidding