Friday, June 23, 2006

Happy Birthday Parker






Parker turned 2 on Tuesday, the 20th. We had a hectic week so we celebrated tonight. My parents made a yummy taco salad and then the plan was to open gifts. Well, Parker was perfectly happy goofing around at his grandparents house and it was really hard to get him to open his presents. Clearly he just hasn't grasped the concept. Carson, on the other hand, was practically impossible to keep away from the presents and the cake. It's just not fair for a 5 year old to watch his little brother passively observe his birthday! Just to keep him happy I had to re-light the birthday candles for Carson so he could blow them out. It was a really enjoyable evening with lots of balloons to blow up. Sam started a nasty trend...he would blow up his balloon and then pinch the edges so it deflated while making a horrible screeching sound. At one point Sam, Carson, and my dad were all doing the screeching song at the same time. Somewhere, something in my brain imploded, just a little.

Tonight Sam set up our tent and decided to sleep outside with the boys. Of course I'm thrilled at the prospects of going to bed and not waking up until my eyes pop open, but I won't hold my breath. I remember all those nights of saying to my friends "Let's sleep on the tramp!!". I think we would make it like one hour and end up hauling all the afghans back into the house and sleeping inside. Although, tents don't sag everything to the center when you sleep on them like a trampoline does! And I wonder why I have back problems...

Well, anyway, happy birthday Parker.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm out in the tent with my PDA so I can get onto the web (wireless). Parker's out and Carson's watching Toy Story. The neighbors sprinklers are on and we keep getting sprayed, it's fun. I keep telling Carson that they'll go off but it's been about 20 minutes.

Anonymous said...

It's amazing the entertainment a dollar's worth of balloons from the Dollar Store can provide! I think Dad C. wins the prize on the balloon-blowing-face!

Susan said...

What a good dad. You're a good sport, Sam.

Anonymous said...

What a gross picture

Darren Clark said...

Thanks for inviting me to the party.

Curtis and Shandy said...

The blue balloon really brings out Sams eyes. It's almost a sexy shot!

Anonymous said...

Oh sure, you don't think the shot of me is sexy?