Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Treat To Share


Tomorrow we are heading to Yuba Lake for the Sweet family campout. So don't expect any blog updates until Saturday night or Sunday...
Anyways, we are supposed to bring a treat to share. I finally decided to make "All gone goodies". They are fast, easy, and very yummy. Do you want to know how to make them? I knew you would!

2 cups Corn Syrup
2 cups milk chocolate chips
1 cup sugar
2 cups peanut butter
12 cups GENERIC Cap'n Crunch

Combine Corn syrup, chocolate chips, and sugar in a pan and heat it up until bubbles just break the surface. Remove from heat and stir in peanut buter until all melted. Add GENERIC cap'n crunch until the cereal is coated. Spoon only wax paper.

Trust me, if you used real cap'n crunch, the cereal stays too crunchy and they aren't as good.

The great thing about making treats that you drop onto wax paper is the messier your 'drops' are the better because the person making the goodies gets to eat all the pieces that don't stick to the larger 'drop'. Get it?

Well anyway, I have like a zillion things to do before I can consider myself "ready" to go camping tomorrow. It's a good thing we'll be gone for 2 nights because one night camping isn't even worth it for all the effort it takes to get ready.

Be good while I'm gone!

5 comments:

Tracie said...

fat free right?

Natalie Service said...

...or change those crispy crunch things to oatmeal and ya got FART COOKIES, right Nalani?

Susan said...

I think that recipe is in my fabulous Redmond ward cookbook. But I've never tried it. Maybe Carrie will make us some sometime when we're down there. Have fun at Yuba. It's a great place.

nalani said...

Oh my gosh---fart cookies is an understatement---I like Butt Bomb cookies is a better name!!

Susan said...

Carrie, I'm waiting for the story your parents were talking about. We're all in suspense.