Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Sweet Campout - 2005

Sam and Parker taking a hike around Payson Lake


Parker in the tent


Sam and Carson


The kids taking the raft out for a spin - literally, they just kept going in circles!
Brad, Angie, Sarah, Emilee, and Carson


The funniest thing about this picture is my nephew, Jordan, in the background. We caught him with his hands down his pants!


I don't have anything new to post tonight, BUTT...

In a few weeks we are heading to the Sweet family campout. This has been a tradition since before Sam was born (I think). This year we are going to Yuba Lake which I think is in central/southern Utah. Clearly I have never been there, but I'm sure it will be a blast. Sam has 7 siblings so there will be 7 siblings and spouses and somewhere between 25 and 30 nieces and nephews plus several more who have been invited (mom and dad, are you coming?). Anyways, here are some of my favorite pictures from last year's campout. We went to Payson Lakes, which is a favorite for the Sweet's. I'm glad Parker is older for this year's excursion, the older the better when you are camping... waking up in the middle of the night to prepare a bottle in a tent isn't really that fun, especially when Parker is screaming for all the other campers to hear.

5 comments:

Susan said...

Yuba Lake is awesome! That's where I would go in the summers when my dad had a boat. You know, Fayette is right on the southern end of Yuba. Levan is on one end, Fayette is on the other. You could all take a tour of the booming little town. Levan is called that because it is navel spelled backwards and is right in the center of the state. (At least that's what I was told when I was growing up.) They let a lot of water out the last couple of years but I think it should be full this year. It should be fun.

Sarah said...

Carrie- the good news is that there's a special place in heaven reserved for mothers like us. Mothers who make bottles in a tent in the dark to avoid waking up the other child. Mothers who spend a rainy night in a leaky tent catching the water with a pan so the kids don't get wet and wake up. The bad news- I am afraid that special place in heaven might be in a leaky tent with crying babies. I hope not- cuz I REALLY don't want to spend any more nights like that!

Tracie said...

Yeah! Yuba Rocks!! You'll probably be on the opposite side of the lake from Fayette though. I don't think there are any camping spots on our side. Who knows though I never camped out there. If you take the boat the the south west part of the lake, you can proabably see Fayette.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I believe we are going. I requested the time off, and it was approved. Now it is up to Pat to see when she can get away.

Carrie said...

No pressure mom, but it won't be as fun without you! C'mon, come camping...hey maybe we can get ideas for the Clark reunion while we're at Yuba...