Friday, October 27, 2006

All About Carson

Carson has made me laugh pretty hard over these last few days so this posting is dedicated to him.

Remember how Parker got the new Spongebob bedding? Well, Carson was pretty bummed that he didn't get new sheets. So, my work gave me $100 because I've been with the company for 10 years and I thought buying Carson new bedding would be worthy of my "years of service" bonus.
While Carson was at school, Parker and I picked out some cool "Cars" bedding from the Disney movie. I put them on his bed and when he came home from school, I was in his room with the camera and I said "Hey Carson, come in your room for a minute."
He walked into his room and saw me with the camera, and totally started smiling for the camera and didn't even notice his bed!!! Sadly and tragically, the picture I took of him fake smiling didn't turn out. Finally I said "what's on your bed?" THEN he did the happy dance and jumped on his bed and gave me a genuine smile! He was so happy and became miraculously tired and said he probably should go to bed right then (it was only 4:00pm).



Parent Teacher Conference:
I'm such a grown up now because I attended my very first parent teacher conference the other day. It was pretty funny actually. Carson's teacher showed me this drawing. He had all the students draw a picture of themselves. He was impressed by Carson's drawing because kids his age usually don't put ears, nostrils, 5 fingers, and shoelaces in their drawings. I should have been pleased about Carson's skillzzz, but I kept laughing because I think this drawing is so funny!


Then he showed me Carson's report card, his first report card ever!! His school goes from 4 down to 1 instead of A down to D. He's doing well, but I can't help but wonder, what happened to the categories of my day? Where is math, reading, PE, Social Studies, and English? Kids these days are too good for the general schooling that I received!


And finally...
Carson has had a cold and he started losing his voice yesterday. I heard him say to his friend: "Hey Lee, you wanna know why I can't talk very well? It's because my umbilical cords aren't working!" Lee just said "oh", which made me laugh harder.

6 year old boys are VERY funny!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog!! Great grades, too. Okay, what in the world is "phenomic awareness?" I think schools need a bit of a reality check!! Love the bedding. That room must really be rocking with Sponge Bob, Patrick, and Cars!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I can't even spell it--phonemic, EXCUSE me!!

Susan said...

I've felt the same way when I see some of Kevin's report cards. Who knows what all of those things are. (Okay I know my mom is going to comment on that one. I'll bet she'll explain them all to you.) Kevin's parent teacher conference was yesterday. His best subject is math. The only thing he needs to work on is reading faster. Reading is not his favorite subject, obviously. Carson, you are so lucky your mom spends her fun money on cool bedding for you!

karmen said...

You win the fun mom award for getting the "cool" bedding. Lauren has tried to talk me into getting her princess bedding for years - I have shot her down every time. She still hasn't given up though. The drawing is darling!!

Sarah said...

Four year old boys are very funny! Glad to hear about the parent teacher conference! And guess what- when they tested Kate for the gifted program, one of the things they had her do is draw a person. The more details they put in (nostrils, fingers, tongue,etc.) the more creative they figure.
But then you already knew Carson was brilliant (and very phonemically aware too!)

Curtis and Shandy said...

Carson is the most creative boy I have ever known. (I just got a bonus and Curtis was thinking XBOX, I'm thinking curtains.)