Monday, October 30, 2006

Traditions

Curtis and Shandy have started a fun tradition this time of year. We go to their house on the Monday before Halloween and have chili and doughnuts. Then we put our skills to the test with some pumpkin carving. This year they also made "witches brew" out of juice, fresca, and dry ice. Shandy can back me up here, Carson loved the dry ice effect so much that it occupied at least an hour of his time tonight. Shandy finally got a separate bowl for him with his own piece of dry ice in it. He cackled like a witch and played with the 'smoke' forever!




Carson was very excited to carve his pumpkin like a skull. But, we all know what that really means. That means that Sam carves it while Carson plays with Curtis' dogs. Actually, Carson did help me pull the guts out of the pumpkin, which was more than he's ever done before so we are making progress!


Curtis was working on the same skull pattern with this HUGE pumpkin, I didn't see the finished product, but I bet it was very scary.


And here's our pumpkins. Mine is the old school jack-o-lantern because cutting out designs from patterns stresses me out!

5 comments:

Curtis and Shandy said...

Is Carson getting a little tipsy there?

Sarah said...

So fun. Once again, I have to ask- can I be an honorary Clark? What a fun tradition!
I am doing the root beer/dry ice witches brew for Carter's first grade class today. Wish me luck!

Anonymous said...

that looks like a lot of fun- why didn't parker get to play with a knife??!

Jess said...

how fun! can't wait to have my own to play with.. well, i can.. but i'm excited for it....

Jess said...

how fun! can't wait to have my own to play with.. well, i can.. but i'm excited for it....