Monday, October 09, 2006

Happy Birthday Carson!

We celebrated Carson's birthday on Saturday, but today is his actual 6th birthday. I asked him what he wanted to do and he said "jump in a pile of leaves!" I'm going to cherish these early years with kids because the entertainment doesn't cost money!

So, we (I) raked all the leaves into one huge pile and I let Carson and Parker play in them until I was sure they had crushed leaves in every pocket and crevice of their body. But then the joke was on me because later on they jumped in my bed to watch cartoons. I went in my room a little while later and there were crushed leaves all over in my sheets! Dangit!



After the kids played in the leaves we decided to take a picture of the pumpkins Fern painted. Parker's pumpkin has "Boots the Monkey" on it from "Dora the Explorer" and Carson's pumpkin is "Danny Phantom". They are awesome! Thanks Fern


Finally, this afternoon I found Parker on the couch playing with Carson's toy my parents got him for his birthday. He was doing some classic face impressions. Here is one of many! What a nut!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Carson! I totally forgot that he and Kate share a birthday... I am super impressed by the artistic pumpkins! I'm beginning to think everyone needs a Fern in their life....

Anonymous said...

Yep--these are good ages! Great mom you are! Keep it up. Carson's face impression kind of looks like Grandpa C.'s!

Anonymous said...

Oops!! I meant Parker's face!

Anonymous said...

Carrie is a great mom. I was just telling my co-workers this morning about how she works, takes care of the kids, keeps the house clean...and she still has time for Oprah and Dancing with the Stars.

Anonymous said...

i love the updates on your blog!! parker is hilarious-- carrie you are my hero- when i stayed home- i skipped the house cleaning and went right to oprah! oh ya, i did take care of the kids..... happy birthday carson! hugs--

Susan said...

That looks like fun!