Saturday, March 08, 2008

Eventful 24 Hours

These past 24 hours have been quite eventful for the Sweet household. No, the baby hasn't arrived yet, but check out what we've done:

Sam's birthday is on the 12th and I was feeling kind of bad because I knew the birth of the baby might overshadow his birthday a little bit. As luck would have it, our Federal Tax return showed it's pretty face in our bank account on Friday. I said to Sam "Happy Birthday, go find yourself a plasma TV!" The look on Sam's face was priceless. If any of you know Sam, he's been BEGGING for a plasma for about 2 years! Here is Curtis and my dad opening the box...


And here is the proud father, er, I mean, owner of the new TV. Congratulations and Happy Birthday Sam!!


Not to be outdone, I asked for a piece of technology equipment myself:


Our home computer is on it's last leg and we've wanted a laptop for awhile so we finally made it happen! Conveniently enough, the hospital has a WI/FI connection so if all goes well, I can update my blog from my room tomorrow and show ya'll pics of the new bambino!

Speaking of the new bambino, here is my 9-month pregnancy belly, fully covered of course!!!


Last night Curtis, Shandy, Dexter, and my parents came and hung out with us which was a blast. I love hanging with my fam! Here is a cute shot of Dexter, Parker, and Carson...the cousins. They played very well together and I think Curtis and Shandy learned the appreciation of having older siblings who will play with the younger ones. :)


And finally, Sam and I realize that we have a crazy color obsession... Lately everything we buy seems to be orange/gray/black. Sam even went to Park City a few weeks ago and found a screaming deal on sweatshirt hoodies for the boys...and one was orange and one was gray! Of course, the stroller/car seat combo is complimentary to this color scheme as well. So, enjoy this little collage we put together, just for your viewing enjoyment.


Okay, well, I'm set to be induced tomorrow morning at 7:30am. Unless a truckload of pregnant ladies show up at the hospital tonight, all in labor, then that time should be set in stone for me. Wish me luck!!!

10 comments:

Susan said...

That picture of all the guys helping with the TV is funny. I guess it's a man thing. Wish we could have been there to hang out, too.

laura said...

first, congrats on the newest edition to your family! sam REALLY does look like a proud poppa in that picture! tom and i will have to stop by to ooh and aah over it!

secondly, induction tomorrow?! what happened to the 9th! HOORAY for you!!

Anonymous said...

Laura, get a calendar...

The Airharts said...

Yeah! I am so excited for you-it must be nice knowing when your baby is coming-then you can have the whole house clean and ready so that if people offer to do your laundry-you can say no thanks its done.(I wish mine would have been done-it would have been a much more plesant mother-in-law visit). I love the new stroller car seat combo-lucky duck!Good luck.

DJ and Gin Family said...

I can tell how excited Sam is with his new toy! That is too funny!
You will love your new laptop as well... that's the only way to go.
I love your stroller and car seat, orange is DJ's favorite color, so I'm sure that we would have a bunch of it if our kids were boys. We get pink instead.
Good luck in the morning... it feels so good to get that 3rd kid out!!

Carl and Pat said...

We're wondering what Sam's next planned purchase will be! Not sure how we'll handle not having him beg for a TV!!! Way to go you two.

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

Yea, I can't believe it's finally the day for the baby! I can't wait to meet him!

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

And holy cow, I can't believe how much Sam looks like Jeff in this picture.

Sarah said...

Good luck..I'll be watching your blog! Thinking of you today!

Amy said...

Congratulations Sam!! I hope all went well today with the delivery!