Thursday, March 27, 2008

Just Stuff

We gave Carson a bike for his 5th birthday. He's 7 now and hasn't shown much interest in riding it. Well, the past few days he's all of a sudden interested!
He rides it around the cul de sac as best as he can and when he falls, he just gets back on and keep trying. The other day I noticed that the little 5 year old neighbor was holding the bike steady so Carson could get on. Then the neighbor boy was trying to hold Carson up and run along with him! I about died laughing! Sam wasn't able to catch him holding Carson up, but here they are...


I asked Carson about it later that day and he said "That kid wanted to play with me and so I said "sure, how about you help me learn to ride my bike?" and even though he's 5 he still helped me!" Kids are awesome like that.

Okay, now a few random questions:

Check out the back of Cameron's head. His hair is mega long. When should I consider getting his hair cut?


Here is another question: How is it that babies have bags under their eyes when all they do is sleep?


We took Cameron to his two-week appointment the other day. He now weighs 8 lbs 8 oz. When the nurse poked his heel to get blood for the newborn screening, Parker exclaimed "That hurts ME!" and he kept saying it over and over. It was dang funny, I guess that was his first lesson in sympathy!

8 comments:

laura said...

i say cut the hair! i love baby boys with "big boy" haircuts!

Anonymous said...

Or, you could until he's about 4 months, like Carson was, and we have a hair cutting party! So glad Carson's taken to riding the bicycle. I love how open he about asking for help. (Grandma C.)

DJ and Gin Family said...

Taylor is 8, and now finally "trying" to ride her bike. We told her that Ginny was going to ride a 2 wheeler before her.
That's too funny about Carson asking for help!
Also, it's never too early to cut a babies hair. Shauna had me cut Tyson's hair when he was just tiny. I was a teenager, and so scared that I was going to cut his ear off. I remember his hair was totally hanging over his ears.

Natalie Service said...

Your kids are too cute.
BTW, keep the mullet, I hear it's coming back. Especially on 2 week olds!

Natalie said...

Sam and Brandon helped me learn to ride a bike.

Cameron's hair is awesome. How come I get bald girls?

The Buckley's said...

First of all I just have to say thank you for updating so much! I love that I can always count on a new post from you! I love the hair! Braxton was like that too and I've learned that you can try cutting the back just across the bottom so it doesn't look like a mullet and still keep the long fuzzy hair but then if you don't like it then you can cut it short!

Jess said...

i thought you liked mullets, carrie! they're the hot hairstyle down in argentina..

Susan said...

I don't think you should cut it just yet. Baby's are cute with crazy hair.