Saturday, March 29, 2008

Punk Rock Kid & A Bike Rider

Here is my punk rock baby, check out that crazy hair!


I know this picture looks a bit awkward, but he really was content, I promise! I just love it because it shows off his bright blue eyes!


And finally, Carson officially can ride his bike! Once he finally got determined to learn, it only took him about 3 days of practicing. I can't get him to come inside now, pretty funny!


I missed this moment, but I know I would have laughed....Sam was watching Carson ride his bike in the cul de sac and Carson's handle bars caught the edge of a fence and it threw the handle bars one direction, and Carson the other direction. It didn't really phase Carson, he just sort of shook it off. When Sam told me about this I laughed and then instantly imagined Sam doing the same thing when he was Carson's age!

As I went outside to get the above picture of Carson, he was a little unstable and he ran his bike right into Parker, who promptly threw himself in the middle of the street, face down, and pitched a fit. Again, I just laughed because out of the whole road, Carson had to run into the only obstacle anywhere near him...and again I thought of Sam. Seriously, Sam has some good bike stories, maybe he can explain them in the comments....

8 comments:

Carl and Pat said...

Way to go, Carson! Cameron's hair is great...no haircut yet!

Unknown said...

How fun for Carson!
Carrie, what are you trying to do, break your baby's neck?!? J/K LOL! I love his rock star hair!

Natalie said...

You want some good Sam bike stories? Well, since I was with him for most of his accidents, I can give you a few. He's had so many near-death bike accidents that he's like John Taylor and just might be a prophet someday. The best one though (no, it's not one of the 2 times he was hit by a car. Seriously!!) was when we built a huge ramp on the sidewalk in front of his house. He was riding a black schwinn with the cool black spokes that looked like a star. When he was airborne, the front tire came off and he totally biffed it. It was like slow motion. So Carson getting his handle bars stuck in a fence is nothing. You guys could have a good FHE lesson about the protection of the Heavenly Father and use examples from Sam's bike miss-haps over the years.

Susan said...

This is Cameron's only time in life when it will be cute for him to have hair that sticks up all over the place. Can't wait to meet him.

Anonymous said...

That IS a little coincidental that you were there for all of my mishaps, hmmmmmmm... And just some clarification on the bike story, when my front tire hit the ground the forks snapped and the front wheel went east while my face headed straight for china. Carson, Parker, and I all have matching scars on our chins. At least I have a good story for mine! I loved those black, star rims...I was Streethawk...

Anonymous said...

Oh, and we're keeping Cameron's spikey black hair, even if we have to dye it. When he's old enough he'll wear a little black eyeliner and some red lipstick from Mack....

Anonymous said...

I mean Mac

Amy said...

Love the photos of Cameron!