Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter

Happy early Easter everyone! Thank goodness Easter will never be this early in my lifetime again...it seriously snuck up on me and I almost missed it.

As we used to do in my childhood, the Easter bunny shows up at my house on the Saturday before Easter. That way the eggs, candy, and bunny are over with by the time Sunday is here. Then Sunday we can focus on Christ and the Resurrection.

So here are the boys, early Saturday morning. Sam totally woke them up and told them the Easter bunny hid their baskets in the back yard. I laughed because the outside temperature was showing 27 degrees when they went to find their baskets, those peeps are going to be frozen for sure!


Parker found his basket, with the help of big brother...


Carson found his basket as well...next year I think we should tell the Easter bunny to hide them so well, that it takes the kids most of the day to find the baskets. Oh yeah, that would be funny! Such as on top of the roof, right on the edge so the kids can see them, but they can't reach them. Then we'd tell them "you can't use a ladder so start gettin' creative!"


After we let the kids get "hopped" (punny) up on sugar, I headed to Thanksgiving Point with my parents, Carson, and Parker so we could attend the Easter Festivities there. Sam stayed home with Cameron (thanks Sam!).

I wish I would have taken pictures of the massive crowds, it was completely out of control! I'm telling you, there were thousands and thousands of people all wandering around. Crazy! The kids had fun so even though we stood in lots of lines, it was worth it.

Sack races: didn't we all grow up doing sack races at one relay event or another? This was a new experience for Carson and Parker. I about died laughing because the first thing Carson did was trip. Not only did HE trip, but he took out these two kids behind him as well!


Then all the kids were at the finish line and Parker had only gone about 2 feet. He was pretty much hopping in place and with every hop, the sack got lower and lower until he was hunched over, holding the sack around his ankles. Priceless! I would have taken more pictures, but I was laughing too hard!!!


Thanksgiving Point had several egg hunts. The first hunt was for ages 0-3. So Parker and his cousin Dexter fit into this category. You'd think that ages 0-3 would be pretty mellow...but you'd be wrong! I would walk up to an egg and say "look Parker, pick up that egg" and before Parker could even comprehend what I was saying, there would be a parents screaming at their child to "GRAB THAT EGG!!" and their obedient child would swipe the egg out from under Parker's nose. It was interesting, to say the least. Parker didn't mind, check out his happy face here!


I just think this is a cute shot of Parker and Dexter. :)


The longest line we waited in was the face painting line. I almost gave up about 10 times and walked away, but it's a good thing we didn't because later I found out it was Carson's favorite part of the day. Here is Carson and his bat and Parker and his snake.


Then it was time for the egg hunt for the 7-9 year olds...Carson's age group. Good ol' grandpa Clark was giving him pointers before the hunt. He would say "don't pick up any eggs at the front. When they say "go", just RUN to the END of the field and THEN start picking up those eggs because nobody will be around you!" It worked because Carson got a ton of eggs.


And here is our last attempt at getting a precious shot of Carson, Parker, and Dexter:


Thank goodness my mom was prepared for this early Easter because she boiled eggs and had a "dye kit" so then we dyed eggs.



And finally, here is a cute shot of Cameron. I try my hardest to keep him awake in the evenings because then he sleeps better at night. Sometimes I resort to stripping him down to his diaper to accomplish this stay-awake task!


Okay, happy Easter everyone. I'm heading to the folks house for a traditional Easter dinner of Ham and potato salad. Yummers!!!

6 comments:

laura said...

that baby looks bigger with every picture you post! he is SO cute!!

Anonymous said...

those pictures are adorable! i was missing the boys yesterday-- i should have just come over after we left louies! happy easter anyways.... i missed setting up an easter egg hunt for my kids, so i am doing one for the 'possie' tuesday at lunch- you should show up with parker!~!!

Susan said...

It sounds like you needed a video camera for the sack races. Looked like a fun weekend.

Amy said...

Man what an eventful Easter. I know exactly what you mean about the demanding parents yelling at their kids to get them to pick up eggs. So competitive!!

Unknown said...

So fun!
I seriously think that Cameron already looks different then when I saw him a week ago! I can't beleive how fast they grow!

That's a great family tradition you have - celebrating the East Bunny part of Easter on Saturday. I think I want to start that tradition in our family as well!

Natalie said...

I thought Parker's snake was a rainbow. I was relieved when I found out it was a snake.