Friday, June 20, 2008

Happy 4th Birthday Parker!

Today Parker turned 4. I can't believe it. I have mixed emotions because it's exciting to see how he is changing as he gets older, but I'm really going to miss my little 3-year old Parker. 3 year old boys are a barrel of laughs!

Here is Parker yesterday when he was 3


And here is Parker today as a 4-year old. Can you see a difference?


I'm laughing at myself because yesterday I thought I'd be funny and take a picture and then another today and Parker would look exactly the same...but Parker had lots of accidents yesterday so his face has a nice scab today.

First he was in the play land area of IKEA and some little firecracker of a girl threw a ball and hit Parker square in the eye. He cried.
Then we went to my parents house. They are ripping out their old deck and installing a new one. All that is left right now are the joists. Parker was trying to balance on the joists, he fell and hit his cheekbone on one of them...hence the scab today. He cried.
Last night I was carring a laundry basket full of clothes down the hall. Parker came ripping around the corner and ran SMACK into the corner of the basket, on the same cheekbone. He cried.

Sigh....I'm gonna miss my three year old Parker!

I think he had a great day today. He wore a birthday badge all day and he kept asking me "Am I still 4??"

He loves the movie "Cars" so all the paper goods and birthday banner were of the "Cars" variety. Check out the bracelet on his wrist-more about that later.


We told him he could go anywhere he wanted for dinner. He chose McDonalds because they have a playland. Needless to say, Sam and I gagged down our dinner. See the bracelet?


My parents gave Parker a cute little train set that Parker loves! We had to force him to open his other presents because he just wanted to play with those trains. My mom also made Parker an awesome levi quilt with a Thomas the Train theme. Parker is soundly sleeping with it right now! There's that bracelet again...


This gift right here will eliminate the need for Parker to wear a bracelet! My boys love the show "Ben 10". Ben is the main character and he wears an "omnitrix" which changes him into different aliens so he can fight bad guys. Parker got his bracelet, or "omnitrix" at the dentist last month and he wears it all the time. Kind of embarrassing for a boy! So, this toy looks like the omnitrix from the TV show and Parker LOVES it. We fought him to take it off at bedtime and I think he won...I'm pretty sure he's wearing it right now as he sleeps.



We also got him a little table and chair set so I think he was pretty dang happy about this day. His poor face...that's not ketchup under his lip, it's a scab from him licking that area too much.


Here's his cake that he helped me "decorate". Clearly, I'm not a very excessive decorator!


Happy Birthday Parker! I love you more and more every day!!!

6 comments:

DJ and Gin Family said...

I love 4 year olds, they're the BEST!!!
He is such a cutie, and that bracelet is hilarious! It could be worst, my sister in law used to paint her 4 year old boys toe nails because he wanted to be like mom. Taylor asked why he had red toes, and she about bit her head off. Too funny!

Susan said...

Happy Birthday, Parker!

Carl and Pat said...

This little guy is a truly unique gem! Such a fun birthday. It's great when kids absolutely love everything they receive. One question: what is the UGH behing him in the first photo...

Sarah said...

Ben 10 rocks...we have, like all three easons on DVD. Jack 'collects' the aliens. He has the watch too. When can they play!??
Happy Birthday Parker!

White Family said...

I love 3 year old, 4 year old, 5 year old boys, etc. There is always something fun in every stage (even at 13). But I agree, it's hard watching them grow up, I want mine so back in time to when they were small.
Funny, my boys love Ben 10 too!
Be glad he doesn't want to wear the bracelet because it's pretty....

Natalie said...

Parker is cute! I guess 4 year olds DO look different than 3 year olds. They get hurt in the face more.